Newbie Load Axis control during program execution.

Thread: Load Axis control during program execution.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Load Axis control during program execution.

Hi Friends...
    I need some help...
    My question is if is possible control the load of an axis by program or macro.
    I work on a Matsuura Mam723-VM equiped with Fanuc 16iM cnc,
    I'm trying to find a way to stop the machine during the tool change process if the X axis give a high load (collision).
    This because i want to avoid heavy damage to toll change arm if something go wrong ( happen yesterday).
    if is possible to put in a macro O9001 some code lines to change the X axis sensivity and then restore normally after the tool change.
    Thank you and sorry for Bad English.
    Luca.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by stratosrv View Post
    Hi Friends...
    I need some help...
    My question is if is possible control the load of an axis by program or macro.
    I work on a Matsuura Mam723-VM equiped with Fanuc 16iM cnc,
    I'm trying to find a way to stop the machine during the tool change process if the X axis give a high load (collision).
    This because i want to avoid heavy damage to toll change arm if something go wrong ( happen yesterday).
    if is possible to put in a macro O9001 some code lines to change the X axis sensivity and then restore normally after the tool change.
    Thank you and sorry for Bad English.
    Luca.
    I don't quite understand why the X-axis would have a high load when doing a tool change? I would think the axis would be stopped at a tool change position? Do you have an alignment problem. Can you explain a little more about the sequence.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Load Axis control during program execution.

Hi.
    The tool change sequence is: Z axis going to home position (Z=0), then M19 (Key alignement), Tool change door open, then X axis going in tool change area.
    The machine don't have tool change alignement / axis problem, But sadly two times happen the Z axis get a wrong Z position home and going to tool change area unaligned 60mm.
    This problem cause a heavy damage to the spindle and the tool change arm due to collision.
    When this happen, the home position light of the Z axis is ON, the fanuc screen tell me "Z=0" in machine position and all the I\O ladder signal is OK to allow a Tool change sequence.
    This problem is under investigation by Matsuura and Fanuc Tecnician, but i'm tryin to limitate the X axis power only when X axis going to tool change area and then restore after tool change.
    P.S. I have some pictures and i try to post.
    Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ladder will have to be modified but the better soltion would be to add a Z axis at tool change position. If not then X axis is interlocked from moving (G130.0 = 0) in the ladder.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi.
    The tool change sequence is: Z axis going to home position (Z=0), then M19 (Key alignement), Tool change door open, then X axis going in tool change area.
    The machine don't have tool change alignement / axis problem, But sadly two times happen the Z axis get a wrong Z position home and going to tool change area unaligned 60mm.
    This problem cause a heavy damage to the spindle and the tool change arm due to collision.
    When this happen, the home position light of the Z axis is ON, the fanuc screen tell me "Z=0" in machine position and all the I\O ladder signal is OK to allow a Tool change sequence.
    This problem is under investigation by Matsuura and Fanuc Tecnician, but i'm tryin to limitate the X axis power only when X axis going to tool change area and then restore after tool change.
    P.S. I have some pictures and i try to post.
    Thank you.
    On Fanuc 18iTB it moved the axis the same amount in "distance to go" if i stoped the machine and went to reference position, i wonder if this could be similar.
    Only way to get the axis back was a manual reference return, programming G28W0 did not reset it, however i think toolchange still worked.
    Have you tried G53 Z0?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ProToZyKo View Post
    On Fanuc 18iTB it moved the axis the same amount in "distance to go" if i stoped the machine and went to reference position, i wonder if this could be similar.
    Only way to get the axis back was a manual reference return, programming G28W0 did not reset it, however i think toolchange still worked.
    Have you tried G53 Z0?
    Hi...
    On a tool change macro O9001 of my machining center the Z axis is managed whit G91 G28 Z0.
    I think the problem is a faulty home position of the Z axis...this happen only the first day of the week when i power on the machine and perform a return to home position....and now i have to check if mecanically the Z axis have really reached the true home position (i have painted a green line on the axis chassis).
    If the first time you power on the machine the home position of Z is good the machine work fine without problem for all the week making thousand of tool change (we work 24 hour a day 5 day).

Waiting for a solution (probabily mechanical or electric) the first idea i have, is to limitate the power of the X axis only in a tool change area so the cnc stop and give an Overload alarm before causing serious damage to the spindle or tool change arm.

Tomorrow i can post some pictures and entire macro 9001 (tool change).

Thank you.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Ladder will have to be modified but the better soltion would be to add a Z axis at tool change position. If not then X axis is interlocked from moving (G130.0 = 0) in the ladder.
    I have add a check Zaxis position line in the tool change macro before X axis start to go to tool change area.

G91 G28 Z0
    IF [#5023 NE 0] GOTO 1
    G30 X0 P3
    M6
    G30 X0 P2
    GOTO 2
    N1 # 3000=1 (BAD HOME POSITION)
    N2......

But this solution not resolve the problem collision because the cnc think the Z axis is at 0 position.

Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have add a check Zaxis position line in the tool change macro before X axis start to go to tool change area.

G91 G28 Z0
    IF [#5023 NE 0] GOTO 1
    G30 X0 P3
    M6
    G30 X0 P2
    GOTO 2
    N1 # 3000=1 (BAD HOME POSITION)
    N2......

But this solution not resolve the problem collision because the cnc think the Z axis is at 0 position.

Thank you.

Well that's strange.
    But maybe the Z is not holding position while it moves to the X-second home G30X0. And maybe the position error is set high enough so that you don't get an encoder alarm? Its a longshot but, You could always try to add another G28Z0 right before the M6 so if it did move on the X move it will move back right before the tool change.

I'm assuming this is a mill.?

Last edited by bill4807; 04-18-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Your Z pulse in the motor encoder is too close to the home dog. This can make the axis jump grid. You might try moving the home dog and grid shift (1850) the axis back into location.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bill4807 View Post
    Well that's strange.
    But maybe the Z is not holding position while it moves to the X-second home G30X0. And maybe the position error is set high enough so that you don't get an encoder alarm? Its a longshot but, You could always try to add another G28Z0 right before the M6 so if it did move on the X move it will move back right before the tool change.

I'm assuming this is a mill.?
    Hi.
    Yes is a 5 axis vertical mill with 90 pallet and 240 tool magazine.

Last edited by stratosrv; 04-19-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi.
    Probably is this the real problem. It looks like the Z axis for some reason "shift" the home position.
    We have checked if some mechanical part of the motor are sliding but not, because the machine work very fine and doing thousand of tool change without a error.
    We have try to power on the cnc with PCAN procedure.
    This happen only at power on when the operator made the first "return to home position".
    Someone by phone tell me to check the deceleration switch of Z axis too.
    For now, until we reach a definitive solution i paint a Green line on the carter of Z axis and i check if the axis reach the right home position (i know is ridicoulos) only at power on, and made the first tool change of the week very slow and carefully.
    Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Could it be that the home switch hangs? So when you power on it thinks it's in home pos and sets axis to 0 there?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Friend.
    I think i have resolved the problem of false home position at power on.
    Yesterday at power on the machine i cannot make the Z return to home position..after going to Z+ the axis don't stop in home position and going up to Overtravel Switch.
    So i check the home position switch signal in Fanuc diagnostic screen and discovered he was hanging.
    Replaced the switch with a new spare part and the problem disappeared.
    My question about lowering axis power only in a certain zone of the stroke is still open.
    Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads

I thought it could be that simple :P To your load question it would really depend if you have any load monitor on the machine and if you can load monitor the axis, you would simply need to add what's necessary to your toolchange macro, you would need to use feed instead of rapid to position.
    Maybe G31? I fould this post, Fanuc G31 P99 Servo Torque Limit Skip

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi friends..
    I use G31 in a touch probe macro..or in a tool broke detection macro.
    M81 (skip signal on)
    G31 Z-#.....(G31 wait to receive renishaw signal to store in some variables)
    G91 Z10
    Don't know how to use for dercrease torque axis.
    Thank you and have a nice 1 may.