Need Help! Fanuc 6m-B where is the write parameter or protection key parameter? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fanuc 6m-B where is the write parameter or protection key parameter?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 6m-B where is the write parameter or protection key parameter?

The parameter write/enable toggle switch must be on if you want to load a parameter tape INTO the Fanuc 6. For punching parameters out, you don't need to have the switch turned on because you're not changing any parameters.

Dan Fritz

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 6m-B where is the write parameter or protection key parameter?

I don't recognize this board, but it's only a partial photo. Look for a board number on the edge somewhere. All Fanuc 6M and 6M-B controls had two toggle switches on two opposite corners of the board. One was marked "BMU", which is for the bubble memory, and the other is "PRM" or "PARM". If you don't have a main board like this, then maybe you don't have a 6M-B like you think. The main board number will tell me what you have.

Downloads
    Uploads

Make sure MDI mode is enabled (default) and E-STOP is on,
    Make sure the device parameters match the computer's settings.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fritz View Post
    The parameter write/enable toggle switch must be on if you want to load a parameter tape INTO the Fanuc 6. For punching parameters out, you don't need to have the switch turned on because you're not changing any parameters.

Dan Fritz
    Hi Dan,

i'm trying to write a program (like an NC file) to the machine.I'm not trying to write/change a parameter.

my problem is i'm not able to create a new or upload a NC program or g-code to the machine. but i'm able to download from the machine to the pc (i've downloaded the parameter as a test to make sure communication was working)

sorry if there was any confusion. hope this make more sense

Downloads
    Uploads

Silly question but do you have program lock switch on

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    Silly question but do you have program lock switch on
    i don't believe the fanuc-6m-b has one. only 2 switch that i know of. The write parameter switch to change/edit parameter and the BMU switch to edit/modify the bubble memory. (both are located on the mother board)

none of those should be enable in order to create a new or upload a simple NC program. (never had to enable them before).

i don't have any key loco or program lock switch on the fanuc user panel either.

unless you have any other idea where it would be located ?

but before i never had to do anything different when it was working.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just asking as this one does as program protect

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    Just asking as this one does as program protect
    doesn't have one

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc 6m-B where is the write parameter or protection key parameter?-20171223_184334-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Fanuc 6m-B where is the write parameter or protection key parameter?-type2-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

you do raise a good point.

when i got the "new" RAM card ( see beginning of the thread) maybe that card has a key protection chip somewhere on that machine (seen i bough it from ebay, all thought it's the same modem 6m-b, but maybe) .
    maybe i need to do a bypass to enable the program. but i don't know where that key protection bypass would go ....

Downloads
    Uploads

The program protect switch is an OEM implementation; it's NOT a Fanuc part. To see if/how this was implemented, you will have to look at the interface or ladder.
    I've seen similar things happen when the control is in single mode.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    The program protect switch is an OEM implementation; it's NOT a Fanuc part. To see if/how this was implemented, you will have to look at the interface or ladder.
    I've seen similar things happen when the control is in single mode.
    I don't believe it was implemented as the only thing I've changed was the RAM card - I've follow procedure after to install it.

could you clarify what your meant by single mode (is it single block- on the panel ? the switch is turn to off so it should be disable).

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by k-linkz View Post
    I don't believe it was implemented as the only thing I've changed was the RAM card - I've follow procedure after to install it.

could you clarify what your meant by single mode (is it single block- on the panel ? the switch is turn to off so it should be disable).
    and also change the punchers card.

so RAM card and puncher card .

all the rest stayed the same and it was working before.

Downloads
    Uploads

I worked on a P&W Tapeturn where the control was put into the single block mode anytime the chuck was unclamped or the sliding door was opened; it was used as a safety interlock. Where in Canada are you located?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    I worked on a P&W Tapeturn where the control was put into the single block mode anytime the chuck was unclamped or the sliding door was opened; it was used as a safety interlock. Where in Canada are you located?
    humm.. interesting didn't think that. so that tape module on the side of the machine could have an interlock. didn't touch it at all but maybe with while opening the side door (highly doubt it) but I'll double check for any lose wire or safety on/off contact switch.

Downloads
    Uploads

so didn't find any interlock that would prevent the transfer to the machine. single block was disable on the operator machine interface.Fanuc 6m-B where is the write parameter or protection key parameter?-20180520_102547-jpgFanuc 6m-B where is the write parameter or protection key parameter?-20180520_102622-jpgFanuc 6m-B where is the write parameter or protection key parameter?-20180520_102627-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

every pic of the CRT you have posted says "not ready"
    I am assuming you have tried keying in a program ,in edit. With it out of e-stop and ready to run.

To my knowledge Okuma-Howa is still in buisness, you could try contacting them and see if an old timer there knows the secret formula.

it would be
    O1234; then insert, or input. i cant recall

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by generaldisarray View Post
    every pic of the CRT you have posted says "not ready"
    I am assuming you have tried keying in a program ,in edit. With it out of e-stop and ready to run.

To my knowledge Okuma-Howa is still in buisness, you could try contacting them and see if an old timer there knows the secret formula.

it would be
    O1234; then insert, or input. i cant recall
    Hi General ,

yes i've try with the ready "on" it's only when i took the picture, i was in a hurry. But yes i've started the machine - zeor all the axis.

formulas are:

memory - > parameter -> O9999 -> punch ---> send from machine to computer all the parameters ---> successful

edit -> programm -->O9999 -> read --> should receive programm blahblahblah.NC ( with % at the beginning and % at the end) ---> unsuccessful

edit -> programm --> O1234 -> input --> create new programm (from what i recall could be wrong...) ---> unsuccessful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12