Need Help! Upgrading from Fanuc OM-C to ... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading from Fanuc OM-C to ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

how can i upgrade my OMD to run renishaw Probe. at the moment i dont have G31 and what Fanuc system software is Compatible i have
    472-01 running at the moment and with serial spindle on memory board

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Upgrading from Fanuc OM-C to ...

Quote Originally Posted by tcom-frazzled View Post
    I am in the process of doing an upgrade on a Kitamura MyCenter 0 for the exact reason that you are mentioning. The Mate version of the Fanuc 0 series has two serious limitations that I needed to resolve. The first was the tiny memory footprint, the second was the fact that the Mate only supports Macro A.

I went a slightly different route with my upgrade and picked up a second hand 0M-C control (32 bit, high speed cpu version). Taking this approach allowed me to keep everything else in place and cost me less than a grand. The only hang up I ran into along the was was the fact that I had purchased a newer control that had been equipped to run with alpha series amps/servos/spindle. As a result, I had to swap out the servo eprom, do some servo tuning, and replace the memory board with the correct version to support the analog spindle amp. Other than that, it was just a matter of moving the PMC EPROMs over and restoring the old parameter and diagnostics from backup. I now have a much faster machine, dnc at 19200 baud, and enough memory onboard for my renishaw tool measurement and spindle probes with inspection plus. Not sure if that approach would suit you, but I did see another 0-MC on eBay just a few days ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hello, I tried to PM you but didnt work. I also have a fanuc Om C, I believe. I was wondering if you could help me confirm that. And I'd be interested how you set up your probe and tool setter?
    Thanks, Scott

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Scott, I cleaned out my inbox a bit. PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

If anyone is interested I have a complete 0M-F 128kb control with drives

Downloads
    Uploads

Send me a PM with particulars (motors, enclosure?), including asking price and location.

Dear m1n1m, I have a similar project, please could you contact me for sharing information? I have tried to send a private message but your inbox is full hehe. My email is automatizacion.ec@gmail.com and my WhatsApp +593-992592301. Thanks for your answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12