Need Help! Fanuc 6T no PRDY on Z- controller

Thread: Fanuc 6T no PRDY on Z- controller

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 6T no PRDY on Z- controller

Hi all!

I recently got hold of an old flat bed lathe with Fanuc 6T control. Previous owner had crashed the Z-axis while jogging and didn't touch the machine again, until I picked it up. Swapped it for a couple of hours of labour I did for him.

I hooked it up at home, but keep having the 401 alarm message. When I fire up the machine with the main switch, hydraulics and fans come in immediately. When I power up the NC, the PRDY signal on the X-axis comes in shorlty and the MCC of X-axis is pulled in. Z-axis gets no PRDY signal. After 1 second or less, the PRDY signal of X-axis drops and alarm is on.

I already checked the following things:

* 24V on Velocity Control PCB's: OK
    * +15V and -15V on that board's: OK
    * Thermo OL switch on Z servomotor was in open condition when I checked. After taking that from motor, the switch went to closed (is NC I believe) and still is.
    * All aux contacts on both MCC of VC are OK. (NC and NO contacts).
    * Checked diagnostics, but don't seem to have diagnostic 707. jumps from 702 to 710...
    * All limit switches are 1 (NC) in diagnostics, so that seems to be OK.
    * Checked cable from master PCB to both VC units, all leads are OK

So it seems the NC is the problem here. According to the maintenance manual, I should replace the master PCB with such an error, but maybe somebody hs a better idea?

Thanks,

Edwin