Amada Pega357 T and C axis problems

Thread: Amada Pega357 T and C axis problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Amada Pega357 T and C axis problems

Ok, where to begin...
    We have an Amada Pega 357 with a 58 station turret with dual auto indexers.
    the startup procedure, involving homing X, Y, T and C axes works fine most of the time. But when I try to, for instance enter a command in MDI mode, it obeys X and Y commands, but either ignores T commands if the MDI block is the first action attempted or goes to random locations if the turret was rotated manually beforehand.
    In manual, the tool change functions as expected: retracting the turret clamp, rotating to the next tool station, then reinserting the turret clamp.
    In Automatic operation, if it moves at all, it usually ends up in a random location, usually between tool stations.
    Most of the time, when the turret is instructed to move using MDI commands, it doesn't move, the two circuit breakers for it and the clamp engage inside the control box, next to them a relay lights up green, on the screen is displayed "01 EXEC MF/TF/EF"
    and any subsequent attempt to move the turret or the index pin returns a "06 INTERLOCK" error, or alternatively, other times, the exact same sequence of events causes the same symptoms, but without any messages on screen.
    Is the machine sentient and simply playing games with me or is this a familiar problem to anyone here?
    Fanuc 6m controller

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Amada Pega357 T and C axis problems

As an operator, the first thing we'd do on the Amada turrets, including the 357, was to remove the cable to the servo and clean it with compressed air. More often than not it was a loose connection or just carbon buildup on the pins etc... Occasionally errors would also be caused by the upper or lower index pins being slow to release and the controller didn't like getting the completion signal for the pins retracted on a delay. If the pins are a little sluggish we'd remove the pneumatic intake tube, squirt some oil in the port or tube, reconnect and then cycle it a few times.

Beyond that it was time to call the service tech.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Blackened.
    I cleared the servo plugs with compressed air and a lot of white oxide came out, but no carbon. unfortunately, the machine still behaved badly.
    I removed the four large pneumatic pipes to the auto index and put oil into them, this seemed to improve the synchronicity of the two, previously there was a delay.
    Unfortunately, the same problem (01 EXEC MF/TF/EF) appeared on the screen as usual. Error 2000 (index not prepared) appears briefly, almost too briefly to read, then vanishes. I would imagine that if it was a problem, then it would linger like error 01 does. Any thoughts? I'm trying to avoid technicians as they are expensive and we have had them spend 20 hours on the machine only to be unable to fix a problem I subsequently was able to isolate and fix by myself in under an hour.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm out of ideas sorry. Techs can be expensive yeah. We had a great guy when we needed help and he was good at getting things sorted in a timely manner. Also depends how much money you are loosing in downtime too. Those tech fees might not be so bad compared to lost income.

The only other thing I can think of, is to make sure all the slugs are cleaned out from everywhere. Sometimes you get a slug that shorts out a limit switch, especially under the bottom turret. And also the proximity switches on board the turret can be activated by debris sometimes too.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver_Matthews View Post
    Ok, where to begin...
    the startup procedure, involving homing X, Y, T and C axes works fine most of the time. But when I try to, for instance enter a command in MDI mode, it obeys X and Y commands, but either ignores T commands if the MDI block is the first action attempted or goes to random locations if the turret was rotated manually beforehand.
    In manual, the tool change functions as expected: retracting the turret clamp, rotating to the next tool station, then reinserting the turret clamp.
    In Automatic operation, if it moves at all, it usually ends up in a random location, usually between tool stations.
    Most of the time, when the turret is instructed to move using MDI commands, it doesn't move, the two circuit breakers for it and the clamp engage inside the control box, next to them a relay lights up green, on the screen is displayed "01 EXEC MF/TF/EF"
    and any subsequent attempt to move the turret or the index pin returns a "06 INTERLOCK" error, or alternatively, other times, the exact same sequence of events causes the same symptoms, but without any messages on screen.
    Is the machine sentient and simply playing games with me or is this a familiar problem to anyone here?
    Fanuc 6m controller
    Hi Oliver,
    just a clear sequence.....to understand.
    1) when machine is powered on....it does not have any positional ref. of any axis. Once HOME is done.....and axis moves....Deceleration dogs / switches tell the controller ...that axis are nearing the HOME position....and speeds drops...and finally...when the IN POSITION dog / switch is activated....for each axis....the Axis stop movement...and controller is signaled the HOME position of each axis. Now as far as Turret is concern....it has T & C Sync....means there are
    2 dogs for Turret, ( Deceleration & IN Position ),
    2+2 dogs for AI Clamp ( Upper A & B / Lower A & B )
    2 + 2 dogs for AI Brakes ( Upper A & B / Lower A & B )
    1 dog for each of AI ( deceleration ) .
    IF Any one of these is not set at correct position....your HOME won't complete.
    Now After Deceleration dog is activated...the Grid Shift amount comes into picture.....if that is wrongly set...then...parametric HOME position will differ from Physical HOME position.
    Secondly , If the Turret Station Designation in your parameters is wrongly Set....then obviously...your turret will move to wrong position after Station/ tool Command.

So...there are so many factors...if wrongly set....you will have the situation....you are at the moment.

So First Try to Set the Turret at right home position...by adjusting the Grid Shift .( You have to bypass the AI ...by means of toggle switch )...once the turret is at correct HOME position...then activate the AI...and set it correctly by adjusting the GRID Shift value....so that the AI stops a 0 angle...then put the machine in JOG / Manual mode ...and check the Clamp / Brake dogs are working correctly.

hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, where to begin...
    Fanuc 6m controller
    Encoder wire is not going to be your problem. Unless you have rodents eating the wire T axis almost never fails. For the turret to end up at a random station, I would think you are dropping striker position signal. If your control was dropping NC ready I would look at Index pin signals. A quick way is to watch your striker in position lights on sub panel near the turret. Watch to see if 1 goes out. or check diagnostics when this problem occurs. The next step would be loop a program turret changes only and watch auto index signals. You maybe be dropping 1.

Keep me posted
    JOE@ALTPARTS.COM

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, where to begin...
    Fanuc 6m controller

Hi, Mr. Oliver

Excuse me, Could you solved the problem with the alarm "interlock 06" if you did, maybe you can help me, I have the same problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Pitre View Post
    Hi Oliver,
    just a clear sequence.....to understand.
    1) when machine is powered on....it does not have any positional ref. of any axis. Once HOME is done.....and axis moves....Deceleration dogs / switches tell the controller ...that axis are nearing the HOME position....and speeds drops...and finally...when the IN POSITION dog / switch is activated....for each axis....the Axis stop movement...and controller is signaled the HOME position of each axis. Now as far as Turret is concern....it has T & C Sync....means there are
    2 dogs for Turret, ( Deceleration & IN Position ),
    2+2 dogs for AI Clamp ( Upper A & B / Lower A & B )
    2 + 2 dogs for AI Brakes ( Upper A & B / Lower A & B )
    1 dog for each of AI ( deceleration ) .
    IF Any one of these is not set at correct position....your HOME won't complete.
    Now After Deceleration dog is activated...the Grid Shift amount comes into picture.....if that is wrongly set...then...parametric HOME position will differ from Physical HOME position.
    Secondly , If the Turret Station Designation in your parameters is wrongly Set....then obviously...your turret will move to wrong position after Station/ tool Command.

So...there are so many factors...if wrongly set....you will have the situation....you are at the moment.

So First Try to Set the Turret at right home position...by adjusting the Grid Shift .( You have to bypass the AI ...by means of toggle switch )...once the turret is at correct HOME position...then activate the AI...and set it correctly by adjusting the GRID Shift value....so that the AI stops a 0 angle...then put the machine in JOG / Manual mode ...and check the Clamp / Brake dogs are working correctly.

hope this helps.

Hi, Pitre.

I have the same problem, I can't solve with you explication, any another idea?

Downloads
    Uploads

hello
    can you please describe your problem in detail

thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

hello

thank you
    My PEGA 357 was working and one day doesn't move my turret & I have an alarm 2000 autoindex not prepared & 06 interlock.

I changed some board like BMU, motherboard but I don't have solutions.

I can move my axis X, Y and C

hello

thank you
    Can you please check following thread:

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc...ipros-tpp.html

Where are these clamps and what can I do to get over this error.