Fanuc Series O-Mate M drip feeding and PC setup

Thread: Fanuc Series O-Mate M drip feeding and PC setup

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc Series O-Mate M drip feeding and PC setup

I got a Kira VTC 30 that I’m troubleshooting some on. I want to check the parameters and have the possibility to change them through a computer. It would also help a lot if I could feed Gcode from the computer since inputting them on the screen was really slow.

I’ve found some software that can be used for drip feeding but is there no free software that can do this? Isn’t there anything that can communicate better with the Fanuc giving options to control it more like we can with mach3/4? Prolly many stupid questions from someone that has no experience with Fanuc and professional cnc machines so bear with me :S

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc Series O-Mate M drip feeding and PC setup

I use Hyper terminal to upload files into my machine. It's already on your computer if you're running windows. Mine is a Fanuc OM as well. I can also get it to drip feed but as soon as it calls for a tool change it stops on me. I think its an issue with data transfer rate and the tool change execution rate. It stops during the tool change.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm using NC link for this purpose now and it's toolchanging without problems. Does your machine call a macro/subprogram for changing tools? I program my toolchanges manually in G code since I don't have macros so I orient the spindle and go to Z ref for tool change manually in the G kode before doing "TXXM06". What error do you get when it fails? It should not be related to transfer rate as the machine and computer have handshaking in between them so if the machine isn't ready for a new line the computer waits. At least that is how I'm running it. It would not work in any other way I think because some G kode lines can take a while to execute and then the computer needs to halt or it will come way ahead of the machine.

I would still love a DNC program with some features like pre-programmed sequences and such. No idea if this even exist tho ^^

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by m1n1m View Post
    I'm using NC link for this purpose now and it's toolchanging without problems. Does your machine call a macro/subprogram for changing tools? I program my toolchanges manually in G code since I don't have macros so I orient the spindle and go to Z ref for tool change manually in the G kode before doing "TXXM06". What error do you get when it fails? It should not be related to transfer rate as the machine and computer have handshaking in between them so if the machine isn't ready for a new line the computer waits. At least that is how I'm running it. It would not work in any other way I think because some G kode lines can take a while to execute and then the computer needs to halt or it will come way ahead of the machine.

I would still love a DNC program with some features like pre-programmed sequences and such. No idea if this even exist tho ^^
    It was brought to my attention earlier that what I stated wasn't the problem. It's been a while since I've tried to drip feed anything. Usually when my tool change fails it throws a "1002" alarm which means it's timed out. I've had some issues in the past with that but have gotten it straightened out. Yes, my tool changer runs from a sub program. I'm very green at this and don't know of lot of the lingo on this stuff. I've just had a pile of issues I've had to work through.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello. I am thinking about buying a Bridgeport with a fanuc o mate control. But I need it to be able to drip feed since programs get big from cam.

Is this the same control you have drip feeding?

Do I connect it in the connector on the side of the control to the pc?

Cheers and sorry for hijacking this thread.

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I had a Mate MC control in mine that I did try drip feeding on. You need to enable drip feeding/tape mode. On my mill that part was missing in the ladder so I had to pull out the chips, read them, change the ladder in a old fanuc dos program and upload it to the chips again. Once I had G127.5 in my ladder program I could enable drip feeding. I just coded my G127.5 to a free digital input on the PLC so I could make a button on my panel to enable/disable drip feeding. I have now upgraded my controls to a proper OM-C with quicker CPU but it's the same thing there. You also need to go into the 900 parameters and enable the serial interface. The side terminal was wired to serial port 1 on my board and I still have it that way but I wanted a more permanent solution so I have wired a cable directly into serial port 2 and changed the DNC port to serialport2 so I have a proper wired connection without terminals inbetween.

You could try to click 3 times on the program button on your panel and see if you can open ladder. Then search for G127.5 and see if it's enabled or how it's programmed. Some MTB just coded it into a diagnostic parameter so you can change it easy yourself. If it's not in the ladder you need to change the ladder to be able to drip feed. If it's there you just need to find out how you enable it. Take a picture of the ladder if you are not sure on how it works.

Drip feeding is awesome. I've ran 3d toolpaths of many megabytes on mine. It's slow so you won't be able to get good feedrates in 3d moves but it get the job done if it's needed. Do disable line numbers in your DNC software tho as the fanuc control doesn't eat numbers above 10k..