Need Help! Sweet Miyano problems

Thread: Sweet Miyano problems

Default Sweet Miyano problems

Hi Guys,
    I have recently installed a 1984 Miyano BNC 20 lathe with a Fanuc 3Tc control. It's a lovely little machine but the fleshy bit is useless.
    I can get the X & Z to "zero return" but I can't index the tool turret as the manual says I should. As I say, it's most likely me at fault but I was wondering if some kind person could go through the start up sequence for me? When the turret is indexed, what is the aim?
    I run an old Cincinnati Arrow 750 mill and am used to indexing the tool changer to tool 1 then referencing it with a button push. I guess it's a similar process.
    Any help would be gratefully received.

Pete.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sweet Miyano problems

The Turret should be able to index when the Hydraulic pump starts and runs. Then you should be able to index the Turret manually in Jog mode straight away or after zero return X and Z axis in MDI and AUTO.

Default Re: Sweet Miyano problems

Many thanks for your response. I discovered a small door at the end of the control with an interlock switch in. If I switch this, it all works a treat! I've actually manged to program some simple parts so the panic is over.
    Thanks again.

RHK

Downloads
    Uploads

Pete, I have an 84 BNC-20. I sent you a message about manuals