Fanuc 6M controlled mill, spindle drive alarm 02

Thread: Fanuc 6M controlled mill, spindle drive alarm 02

Default Fanuc 6M controlled mill, spindle drive alarm 02

I have a Takisawa MAC V4 mill with a spindle issue. If i turn the spindle on, it spins for a second then faults and the 02 alarm LED turns on, which appears to mean that the commanded speed does not match the actual speed. I checked the pulse generator on the motor, and it doesnt seem to be a gap issue. I tried checking it with a scope, however it just shows a lot of erratic lines (like there's some serious electrical noise), no clear pulse like you would see with an encoder. I do not know if this is to be expected or not, but i suspect it isnt.
    Anyone have any ideas on what to check next?

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Fanuc 6M controlled mill, spindle drive alarm 02

We probed the sensor again and it seems to put out a decent sine wave now. not sure what i was doing wrong.
    However, the spindle now seems to have a noise when it's on, it has sort of a click/thud erratically though the rotation. It seems to coincide with flickering lights on a board on the servo drive, A20B-0008-003 -/040 (the board has a ton of gain adjustment pots on it).
    The lights that are flickering on this board are LED 3 (MS peak level) and occasionally LED 5 (position fine).
    I checked the voltage from the output legs of the drive going to the motor, and they are very erratic as well. all three legs seem to jump between 12v and 49v each, when probed to each other. All three legs have the same voltage range/jump.

Downloads
    Uploads

Keep going your going to pop the spindle drive...its trying to hold speed but getting erratic feedback for speed.

fixed it, the RV18 pot had to be adjusted.

Downloads
    Uploads

Worn or misaligned motor bearings can affect shaft speed and encoder readings.