Need Help! Nardini FastTrace Fast Trace w Fanuc 20T

Thread: Nardini FastTrace Fast Trace w Fanuc 20T

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Nardini FastTrace Fast Trace w Fanuc 20T

Hello...I've recently gotten a late 90's Nardini FastTrace w fixed spindle speeds. We've been using it as a manual lathe for a couple of months w great results. Our current problem concerns running either a simple program or the built-in machining assistance threading macro ... In all cases the axes won't move with the start button just flashing green. The simple program gets hung up on a G00 move ...

It sounds like a feedrate override is trimmed to 0%; however, between the poor Portuguese-translated documentation and our newness to this machine...we can't figure it out. Please help anyone w familiarity w this machine and controller...

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Nardini FastTrace Fast Trace w Fanuc 20T

I have the next larger size Nardini, Genius 250. Sounds like the machining/approach switch is in wrong position. Try changing it to see if the machine moves. One direction stops feed moves--rapid still processes, and other direction allows full movement. I use it for a feed move hold since the machine does not have a hold button. Mine uses the federate knob as the rapid % and the slide hold when all the way off. I have had 3 Nardini's since 1994. Still running stainless and inconel holding .001 tolerance. Great machine but could use more controls for easier operation.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the response. The problem, we found out, was just as you described. We had the machining/approach switch in the 'machining' position ... it evidently needs to be in 'approach' to execute a program. I agree that the controls are a bit non-intuitive, but the thing works really well. Like yours, my machine is accurate and repeatable ... I'm really happy with it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone willing to copy the manual for me. My company just bought a fast trace and I am searching for a manual. Or does anyone have a source for the manual? Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Zenndog,
    I too just bought a Nardini lathe, did you have any luck finding a manual? If so, I could use some help, I have just started the process of looking.

Thanks
    --Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Bumping this up in case anyone has any Manuals available for this machine. I'm trying to sort out some electric issues on one.

Mine is showing 401 servo alarm (VRDY OFF) for both axes.
    Looking in the ladder, I've got X1012.4 which is labeled, External Emergency. I'm wondering if this machine had a bar feeder or conveyor that's no longer hooked up?

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought a vs1000 fast trace new.. it has aways worked great .. now the mode switch doesn't work.. NEED HELP!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys,
    I just fixed my Nardini Fast Trace VS 220. it is a 1997 17x40 lathe with Fanuc 20T.

I had to edit my ladder logic because it was stuck with the machine guidance stuff turned on and I couldn't operate the MDI or other programming features.

I have some wiring diagrams (in PDF) from Nardini, as well as the basic setup manual (which is mostly worthless, but is good for identifying the levers and buttons.) I would be happy to share whatever it is that I have if you need it, just PM me.

I'm not very active on this site, but I assume if you PM me, I'll get an email notification.

Now I need to learn how to use the machine... spent 6 months slowly troubleshooting the ladder logic issue.

Good luck!
    --tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all,

Pretty new to this site and know its a fairly old thread but maybe someone will read my plight and have some insight. I have a nardini fast trace with a GE FANUC 20-TA controller that is like nothing ive ever seen before. The system of G-code that is uses appears to be different than all other G-code i have used before. The original post mentioned that their program got hung up on a simple G00 move. Well i have noticed that i actually have to program a G600 code for rapid travel and G601 for linear interpolation. Its also very strange in that i have to call out my tool in every line of code other wise is somehow reverts back to some unknown tool offset.
    Anyways, i am trying to cut both internal and external threads but am not sure what the G-codes are for thread cutting or what parameters they call out. I have a pretty basic operators manual that 'walks' you through the teach mode but it does not go over threads that well. I think if i were to do multi thread machining it is a G630 code but i do not know what all the parameters mean. i have also tried the teach function but when i try to but when i try to activate machine guidance, it tells me that i need to set a spindle speed in the parameters. I've sifted through the parameters but did not see anything blatantly missing and am not comfortable just changing random settings yet.
    Does anyone know what the Gcode and associated variables are for single thread machining or what parameter needs to be set for the teach mode?

Thank You,

Justin

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tsteeper View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I just fixed my Nardini Fast Trace VS 220. it is a 1997 17x40 lathe with Fanuc 20T.

I had to edit my ladder logic because it was stuck with the machine guidance stuff turned on and I couldn't operate the MDI or other programming features.

I have some wiring diagrams (in PDF) from Nardini, as well as the basic setup manual (which is mostly worthless, but is good for identifying the levers and buttons.) I would be happy to share whatever it is that I have if you need it, just PM me.

I'm not very active on this site, but I assume if you PM me, I'll get an email notification.

Now I need to learn how to use the machine... spent 6 months slowly troubleshooting the ladder logic issue.

Good luck!
    --tom
    Hello Tom
    Wondering if I can have wiring diaphragm n setup manual for the Nardini... my boss just bought the same machine without any papers no manual or whatSo ever... would be great if u willing to share and thanks you so much
    My email inscontrol2@gmail.com
    Best regards ,
    Huynh

Any chance I could get a copy of those wiring schematics. I got a Fast Trace thats down. Any other help like parameters or a manual would help. Thanks!