Need Help! Fanuc Robodrill t10b problem. 16m controller

Thread: Fanuc Robodrill t10b problem. 16m controller

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc Robodrill t10b problem. 16m controller

A little (ALOT) back story. Monday morning a co worker forgot to set his feed back down when switching to stainless after a test run on aluminum.

about mid cut with a end-mill. the spindle died then the circuit breaker tripped.. tried to turn back on.

controller would load. and as soon as operation screen popped up it would trip again

Boss decided he want to call Fanuc since we have a contract with them.

wants to further diagnose the problem by unhooking cp5 and cp6 from power supply (A16b-1212).

result: machine turns on but can not move axis. because power to the I/O module (AIF01A) has no power.

Fanuc technician come Wednesday night when i am not there. so i dont know what all he did. come to find out he replaced the PSU and the I/O module

he told my boss it was fixed. Thursday morning co-worker asked if he had fixed it cause it was doing the same thing

technician comes back out. while im at lunch. gets it running but dies after trying to make a tool change.

Today, technician comes back with another PSU, suggests that the spindle limit switch.

unhooks the spindle limit switch connector from the PCB (A20b-1006)and now it starts up. but shows the emergency stop button is pressed. and wont let you do anything

checks half ass checks Emergency stop button, and other connections to the PCB,..

later he suggests my boss that the PCB is faulty and to replace. i ask him how he diagnosed this and just said "i checked everything else so it must be this"

when he replaced the I/O module and the PSU when it wasnt that in the first place?

Fanuc doesn't cover the PCB under the contract since it is machine side.

ask boss about it. and he said the technician doesnt know what it is. but suggests to replace PCB and if it doesnt work call a third party company?!?!?

does anyone have a schematic for the PCB? is there away to check that its that forsure?

i noticed when everything is hooked up and you power up the controller. as soon as the contractor for the 3 phase is engaged it trips the breaker.

faulty reactor possibly? or even the contactor? he did not check anything on this side just PCB side and components.

Thanks for reading and anyone that could help so we dont have to pay for a PCB and it dont being the problem. any help is appreciated

(sorry for the spaced out text, i know it can be stressful on the eyes with the text all together)

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by NoGoodNolan; 09-12-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc Robodrill t10b problem. 16m controller

from what circuit is the circuit breaker? Is it from PSU??
    If it is before the contactor then where does wires beyond the contactor goes?
    What is coil voltage of contactor ?
    turn machine off
    Measure coil of contactor A1-A2 with the votlmeter --- set it to buzzer and what is the resistance?

Last edited by CroCole; 09-13-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The circuit breaker is the main switch. On the cabinet to turn the machine on. Just below that is the contactor with a 24v coil. And out of the contactor it goes to the load/line reactor. Beyond that I do not know yet. Ran out of time Friday to go any further. Was trying to find a wiring diagram to help me first, before Monday. You can turn the switch on. And power up the controller. It will come on to the main screen after load up for a second but as soon as the contactor is pulled in it trips. It seems like I'm just going to have to go down the line from power source to components till I find something. Fanuc technician didn't do this.. Oh well I enjoy troubleshooting.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

By my viewing of ur problem is that it has to do something with the main power supply module of the spindle drive or spindle drive unit module , because Fanuc control and all drives (including the main spindle) are saying they are READY when u turn main switch ON and machine then automaticly tries to add main power via contactor to drive/drives power supply module (power DC link up before enabling the drives). And then the main fuse trips... So it is either main switch (whitch i doubt) or some big consumer is short-circuited (Power suply module) .... ( As he removed the spindle drive cables u can turn machine on but it would say TOTAL STOP due to not operational spindle unit drive so i think the main power contactor didnt turn on or??? )

Are there more drives connected to same power supply module ???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

fanuc robodrill alpha t 10b - fanuc 16m

we are having same machine. There is some shorting problem in 24v. We dont have wiring diagram of the machine. We are trying to solve the shorting problem. But we are not finding the problem.

Can nay one give us wiring diagram of fanuc robodrill alpha t 10b ? please.....

Downloads
    Uploads

I have Robodrill Alpha T10-B 1995 with the fourth axis nikken Fanuc 16MB
    i lost all SRAM data
    can any one have SRAM data soft copy
    please help me

Downloads
    Uploads

Please PM me serial number of machine and your email

Downloads