Conecting Fanuc-OM to PC - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conecting Fanuc-OM to PC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Conecting Fanuc-OM to PC

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Don't wonder. Know for sure! I use these on everything from Fanuc to Okuma to old Makino MGH controllers.. A quick check on the light status makes quick work.
    https://www.amazon.com/GearMo-Adapte...s%2C185&sr=8-5
    Thanks, but the plug in question is the 25 pin on the Kitamura.

This one, maybe? https://www.amazon.com/Kentek-Molded...r=8-2-fkmrnull

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fadal Error View Post
    Thanks, but the plug in question is the 25 pin on the Kitamura.

This one, maybe? https://www.amazon.com/Kentek-Molded...r=8-2-fkmrnull
    No, you still need the 9 to 25 pin null modem no handshake cable. This just replaces a serial port on the PC. Those will work for testing though if you want to go that route.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm still fighting this. One question regarding a tip on setting parameters on the control to x on/ x off. I read that parameter 391.6 should be set to 1. Is that 00000100 or 00100000? One source said that the positions are numbered right to left 76543210. So 0000000x is position 0.

Downloads
    Uploads

I figured that out. I switched the machine zero display from metric to inches.

I still can't send a program to the control. I can receive from the control to the PC just fine. The RS-232 tester that I bought shows that everything seems to be working properly. I can even see the RD LED lighting up when I send a program over, but nothing registers at the Fanuc end. LSK flashes like nothing happened.

Downloads
    Uploads

Fadal,

Possibly a blown receiver chip in the control for the input you're trying to use. Look for a O_Serial.pdf here in the Fanuc forum.. I'm not sure if you can search fro it directly. I have a copy on my computer. Looks like the Om has 2 ports.. Socket M5 or M74. If one doesn't work the other might still be ok. Pm me if you can't find the pdf.

Cj

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cjfisher View Post
    Fadal,

Possibly a blown receiver chip in the control for the input you're trying to use. Look for a O_Serial.pdf here in the Fanuc forum.. I'm not sure if you can search fro it directly. I have a copy on my computer. Looks like the Om has 2 ports.. Socket M5 or M74. If one doesn't work the other might still be ok. Pm me if you can't find the pdf.

Cj
    Thank you. I searched for that pdf, but it only showed up in this thread.

Downloads
    Uploads

Fadal,

The cnczone search engine is too simple to find the attachment.... If you go to duckduckgo.com (or the google) and enter
    site:www.cnczone.com] o_serial.pdf
    in the search bar you'll have better luck as this will force the search engine to parse info only from the website of interest. I probably could have narrowed the site search further to just the Fanuc forum ie.
    site:www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc] o_serial.pdf
    I had to add a ] to the end of the website to keep cnczone from automatically turning what I'm typing into a URL. But, to save you some time here is the link: fanuc ot-a pmc parameters wont enter
    Look at Al_the_Man's post (post #6).

Cj

Downloads
    Uploads

Fadal,

The cnczone search engine is too simple to find the attachment.... If you go to duckduckgo.com (or the google) and enter in the search bar you'll have better luck as this will force the search engine to parse info only from the website of interest. I probably could have narrowed the site search further to just the Fanuc forum ie. .
    I had to add a ] to the end of the website to keep cnczone from automatically turning what I'm typing into a URL. But, to save you some time here is the link: fanuc ot-a pmc parameters wont enter
    Look at Al_the_Man's post (post #6).

Cj
    Thank you. Now I have to figure out what it all means.

Downloads
    Uploads

Try looking here for how to set the Fanuc 0M to receive Programs via RS232
    RS232 Communications | Fanuc O Series Models A, B, C and D | SharpCam Ltd

Sending to machine

Make sure the Edit lock key is set to enable, if fitted.

At the machine, select Edit mode.
    Press the PRGRM hard key until either the current program in the memory is displayed or the program directory screen appears.
    Press the INPUT hard key. LSK will be flashing in the bottom right hand corner.
    At PC or BobCad press the button to send the Nc code.

Good Luck,
    DJ

Last edited by machinehop5; 04-12-2019 at 04:32 AM. Reason: add Sending to Machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Long time no use RS232, now normally use USB flash instead.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

i think you have to switch to channel 2,dig about that

Downloads
    Uploads

I have achieved communication! I found a document that I had printed out. I'm not even sure which doc it is, but I'm pretty sure I got it on here.

The first line says to set Parameter 0002 to 00000001. It was set to 10000110.

When I did that, I tried sending a program and got an error message. This was good news because that meant that something was finally registering. I dropped the baudrate to 2400 and was able to send a file over. I was able to increase transfer rate to 4800 baud, but anything faster was giving me an error message. So I got partial success. It is annoying to go so slow, and I don't think it will work well for DNC, but at least I can finally run the Kitamura.

I am not eager to try to figure out switching channels now that I am able to send programs over. I am still interested to see if I can get a higher transfer rate, but I don't really have time to mess with it right now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Fadal Error,

I like your handle... check your computer... You need to get into the device settings and find the serial port that you are using. In the options (maybe advanced options) for the serial port will be something called "Use FIFO buffers," uncheck the box and disable the buffer. Below that is a "Receive Buffer" and "Transmit buffer" slider - slide these down to one. What you may be seeing at the higher data rates is an overrun of data on the Fanuc side. IE, the Fanuc's buffer is about full so it sends a "stop" to computer. The computer stops transmission but, continues to send data until its buffer is empty, by which time the Fanuc control's internal buffer overfills causing loss of data and an error. At the slower data rate the computer is able to pause and unload the buffer before the machine's buffer is full. Changing the above settings will force the computer to basically send data piecemeal to the controller.

Cj

Downloads
    Uploads

Fadal Error,

I like your handle... check your computer... You need to get into the device settings and find the serial port that you are using. In the options (maybe advanced options) for the serial port will be something called "Use FIFO buffers," uncheck the box and disable the buffer. Below that is a "Receive Buffer" and "Transmit buffer" slider - slide these down to one. What you may be seeing at the higher data rates is an overrun of data on the Fanuc side. IE, the Fanuc's buffer is about full so it sends a "stop" to computer. The computer stops transmission but, continues to send data until its buffer is empty, by which time the Fanuc control's internal buffer overfills causing loss of data and an error. At the slower data rate the computer is able to pause and unload the buffer before the machine's buffer is full. Changing the above settings will force the computer to basically send data piecemeal to the controller.

Cj
    That worked! Smooth transfer at 9600. Thank you so much! I thought I had already configured the COM port, but I think that was on another computer that I had connected a while ago.

So is 9600 the limit? No 19200? That's all my manual shows for this machine, but I can always be hopeful, right? I remember having data starving issues when I was running DNC on some complex 3D contouring on my Fadals years ago. It smoothed out when I was able to bump it to 19200.

Downloads
    Uploads

Fadal Error,

Your welcome... your description of the problem sounded like what I saw when I first ran my 11m (first program I ever ran was 3.5Mb, machine's memory is only 32Kb). My machine is an 11m so 9600 is the max.. The OMs are 19200 (at least for the C and later variants, not sure about the B though).

Cj

Activation process
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boa noite, tenho uma cnc com controlador Fanuc O-M, não consigo conectar com a maquina atraves do pc.
    Dá para ligar directo o pc a maquina?

Obrigado

rdminidias@gmail.com

Rui Dias
    Portugal

Activation process
    Downloads
    Uploads

boa noite dificuldade em comunicar com um fanuc O-M.
    podes me ajudar.

obrigado

Rui Dias

rdminidias@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello. I got old Fanuc 0M CNC milling machine and need Fanuc Ladder II program but cant find that anywhere. Maybe someone have it and could share? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

All this information is very informative. Thanks guys.

Just wondering, my issue is really my lack of experience with Fanuc controller, I am able to transmit data to my machine but once loaded how do i call up that program on the machine??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123