Need Help! Fanuc 0TB can't read PMC & can't key in DGN 300

Thread: Fanuc 0TB can't read PMC & can't key in DGN 300

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 0TB can't read PMC & can't key in DGN 300

Hello,we have Dainichi CNC lathe with Fanuc 0TF/0TB control,lost parameters due to dead battery.We still have the original parameters list,so we did "DEL"+"RESET"+"Control On" and reloaded #900 parameters first.After control off and on,we got screen like:
    PMC Load Select:
    1. Load from I/O.
    3. Run.
    4. Run without PMC.
    If you choose #1,control will keep input forever,(also we don't have PMC tape or disk to load).
    If choose #3,CRT shows "PMC not loaded".
    If choose #4,then loaded basic parameters but can not load Diagnos 300 and 400 parameters,machine won't get out of E-Stop due to missing PMC.

This machine PMC chips built in memory board on master PCB,no PMC board, Parameter 905.0=1 (PMC-L). Memory board p/n: A16B-1212-021X.All voltage check pins (+-15V,24V,5V) on board checked OK.

We also tried to load P900 and DGN 300/400 together,but DGN 300/400 won't take the input value.From parameters list,the D300 should be decimal format,exp.D300=450000,but CRT always shows binery format,exp.D300=00000000,even the P19.7=1.

Since the machine had been working good before battery dead,
    1. what caused the problems?
    2. How to load PMC?
    3. How to input D300/400 (Timers/Keep relays)?

Any help will be appreciated!!
    Thank you for your time.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

After clearing the memory you should input the 900 NC parameters. If you are getting the screen:
    1. Load from I/O.
    3. Run.
    4. Run without PMC
    then either you did input something wrong or you have a hardware problem in your memory pcb or the PMC-M pcb if you have one.
    Check your 900 parameters . Clear memory again and input these parameters.
    Regards
    Alex

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you,Alexfanuc.If I changed NC P905.0=0(PMC-M),I won't get PMC Load select screen.But the original parameters list shows P905.0=1,also this machine came with PMC chips inserted to Memory board(PMC-L).Do you know what labels are for PMC chips?There are several sets of chips on memory board.

I found one same memory PCB A16B-1212-0210,I'll try it tomorrow,I doubt it will work.I'd like to have the PMC chips replaced,but no way to find.I called OEM service,they contacted MFG in Japan,couldn't find,machine built in 1990.

Thank you again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, the problem could be the chips for the PMC. On the PCB They are labeled OE1 and OE2. Try the other Memory Board. I hope it works.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 0TB can't read PMC & can't key in DGN 300

you solved the problem ?