Build Thread My FANUC Series 0 Model C CNC control build

Thread: My FANUC Series 0 Model C CNC control build

Downloads
    Uploads

Default My FANUC Series 0 Model C CNC control build

Hey all, here's a build thread I really still have to update from the past 5 years so I've really left this control build in the dark for a long time. I'm going to be building both versions of the Series 0 Model C.. the 0M and the 0T under the FANUC order number A02B-0091-B501 and -B502.

Thankfully I have the manuals in PDF! Yay! Thanks to everyone that has provided me manuals.

Somehow I ended up with a FANUC A02B-0098 type CRT/MDI, but I have both the full keyboard FS0C Operator Panel and the small keyboard model, FANUC A02B-0091-C141 and C161. I guess they call the 0098 a "Hi-Fi" type and I'm not really sure what that is.

I've sorta waited on this one because it's gonna be the most challenging, as well as finishing the other builds I have going on. I've really looked high and low on eBay to get the right parts to get this build started at the right prices.

As I've stated in.. another CNC forum.. I've got a FANUC 0P that replaced a 6M with the ubiquitous Punch software but that's not the purpose of this thread. I did not have much involvement with the installation of this CNC, other than selecting the boards used. The control was delivered as is and then set up with the help of Amada USA. Pic is attached of the control, and the press with the original control Amada FANUC P (6M). We located a full keyboard FS0C Operator panel, and changed it with turret press keysheet membrane. Amada supplied ladder prints and it was done. Amada was great help to me.

I really have to learn more about the PMC-M too while I do this build. I bought the A16B-1211-0901 PMC-M board.

I also bought the A16B-1210-0110 power supply from eBay.

I also am going to be using the A20B-2001-0060 Masterboard.

Can anyone here help me with doing my Series 0 Model C ladder? I can ship the cassettes pretty much anywhere because they are small and light.

More details to follow...

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My FANUC Series 0 Model C CNC control build-amada-pega-344-amada-fanuc-p-jpg   My FANUC Series 0 Model C CNC control build-fanuc_op_control-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

no cassettes for 0-c ladder, just a pair of 27256 eproms. the cassette is a 'macro cassette', I have software for that too, but never used it... if you can pick up a copy of 'FLADDER for IBM' you can do it yourself- just pull the 0e1/0e2 ladder proms out, boot it up with pmc option on, you get a screen at boot to either load or run without ladder...just load the ladder to ram and when finished debugging, burn the proms. you can run from last ram loaded by hitting option3 at bootup, but sometimes the ladder will disappear- wont want to run from ram forever, but if you have a way to reload occasionally, guess you could...

also, if you find similar op panels, the same ladder could run a t or a m- the mdi keysheets are different, and the membrane style keyboard has more keys for a mill- we used to buy all M op panels so they could be used on t or m, but the membrane tags are different- so slightly different ladder addressing is needed. if you wanted, a siomple keep bit could be added to run it as t or m operator panel without retagging the keys. on my bridgeport(0MA) I wrote a bit to run the soft op panel before I bought a keyboard, and if my p[anel ever dies, can change the bit and run without it

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have FLADDER. I would like to have my macro cassette working. I have a few of them. I have both versions of both the standard and full keyboard CRT/MDI also the op panel.

Am looking into the axes board this week and ordering the cables while I get the ones for my 16MB and 10TF.

Does the 9040 software work ok?

Downloads
    Uploads

if your planning on serial encoders, you'll want 9046 servo rom, and a -0390 AXE card IIRC, but may need 666 or 669 firmware also, I dont remember... 9040 should be ok for most incrementals, might depend on the revision level though

what exactly are you planning to do with this? are you just plugging it back together to powerup and mess with, or is it going on a machine? I ask because the macro cassettes you have will 'work' but they wont do anything useful- OEMs 'hide' macro routines in them, sometimes store machine specific subprograms, even rewrite parameters at bootup to prevent changes...but unless you know 'whats in it' exactly (like the oem source code) AND your ladder is adapted to interpret it, I really think youd be ahead to leave it out. every one weve ever got in I yanked out, as we modify our machines too much and write our own macro programs(always with text so theres no hidden crap in the machine). One brand of machine we have uses them and they auto load certain parameters at bootup, so you cant change with the cassette plugged in...PITA, and in my opinion only there to try and get service work. machine runs fine without it and no more 'blackbox' area...just a opinion

Downloads
    Uploads

It's going on a machine I've had for a long time hiding away cause its control is dead. At least till some point.

I planned on using the same S series servos. I don't know which amps work. I heard that the alphas won't work with the 9040 software.

My 0P has a cassette. The Amada turret has some macros from the manual.
    It's a breeze to operate.

Guess there's some sort of operator panel i/o and connection unit.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have both the full key and small FS0C Op. panels. But I think my 9" CRT/MDI is for a OM-D. It has a A02B-0098 order part number. While the standard order number for the FS0C is a02b-0091-b5xx

Heres the information I have on mine:

FANUC FS0C 0 Full Keyboard Op. Panel
    A98L-0001-0633#T Keysheet
    A16B-1310-0380/04B keyboard board
    Pulse Gen: A860-0201-T001 #259676 1990-10
    Type A02B-0091-C161

---------------------------------------------

FANUC Series O-M CRT/MDI
    "9" CRT/MDI UNIT"
    Type A02B-0098-C055/MBR
    A98L-0001-0568#MR Keysheet
    7 key board: A20B-1001-0720/01A
    A61L-0001-0093 Model MDT947B-2B #B166702
    ----------------------------------------------

FANUC FS0C Small Keyboard Op Panel
    A98L-0001-0524#A
    A16B-1310-0380/03B Keyboard Board
    Type A02B-0092-C141 #N0964 1990-02

----------------------------------------------

I couldn't find the keysheets I have listed from FANUC, although I didn't look very well in the listing I received from a eBay keysheet seller. The one for my small keyboard panel needs a new sheet.

I am still looking for the A02B-0091-C141 and the A02B-0092-C161 panels.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: My FANUC Series 0 Model C CNC control build

Please see the update to this buid: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/showt...Build%20(FS0C)

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear tc420
    Could you share the software to me or may I can buy it from you?
    Thanks.
    Nam.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear namnp2009, contact me on fschematics@gmail.com for software.

quick-cnc