Problem (ALARM 414 SERVO ALARM) Y-AXIS DETECT ERROR? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (ALARM 414 SERVO ALARM) Y-AXIS DETECT ERROR?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: (ALARM 414 SERVO ALARM) Y-AXIS DETECT ERROR?

Quote Originally Posted by cnc2149 View Post
    The 414 alarm is like a Check Engine light in a car. This fault can be due to any of the reasons the other posters mentioned plus many more. You can go to DGN 200 and 201 on the DGNOS page (off of the SYSTEM hard key) and record the bit pattern for the Y axis when the fault is present. This will give us an idea of which way to go. The definitions of these bits is contained in the 16/18-i CNC Maint manual, if you have it. If not, let us know what you see and we can provide guidance.
    Thanks for the info.
    I have a takisawa layth with fanuc 21-tb , getting a 414 error on z axis ck the DGN 200 had a change to 1 on ovc. ?
    HELP
    larry

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: (ALARM 414 SERVO ALARM) Y-AXIS DETECT ERROR?

I had alarm 8 on a couple different machines. Most likely a transistor module blew up if it's alarming all the time. The big question is why did it blow up.

Unplug the power cables to the servo motor from the drive and meg any of U V or W to the ground. I forget what Fanuc's spec is but I had trouble at 18-24 MOhms and lower than that it's even worse. I had to replace the cables and get the drive fixed, but it was like night and day afterwards.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123