Need Help! soft thermal alarm (OVC)

Thread: soft thermal alarm (OVC)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default soft thermal alarm (OVC)

We are getting a soft thermal alarm (436) on a FANUCservo system on a HWACHEON Lathe on the X axis. We swapped encoders and the problem didn't follow the encoder. The motor was checked by a tech shop and found OK. What will give the 436 alarm. Thanks in advance for any help.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default About OVC

Check energy of brake machanism..also check diode bridge...

Downloads
    Uploads

hi
    i have a similar problem on our Doosan horizontal borers, Mainly the y axis motor gives off a soft thermal alarm, basically it is i believe an overtemperature alarm which when it occurs requires a power down and restart to sort out, this only happens when the said axis is not moving, ie its brakes are applied. you should be able to monitor the temp of the motor, maybe the cooling fan is not functioning properly or the brake is the problem.

mick

Activation process nilbarkalepatil's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Mick

We also have the same problem in DOOSAN HMC its Z axis getting the problem of Soft thermal ovc. We did its scraping before it after this we are getting this problem. we done following steps we loosen its stepper plates also loosen its weights plates But the problem did not solved. if we looses the ball nut the alarm goes off but as we tightens the alarm is occurs

if u have any solving steps for this please suggest.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: soft thermal alarm (OVC)

I just had this alarm on my Daewoo DMV4020d mill. At the time of the alarm, I was G3'ing a 6" hole out with a 1" hss hog mill in a 1 3/4” plate, after drilling an access hole in the middle. (Full depth x 1/4" per pass). I reset and reproduced the alarm at the same point in the cut, the next time around. My spindle load had creeped up and up, but was still only about 30%. After looking closer, my tool was shot. Replacing the end mill stopped it from kicking out the alarm. Makes sense. With a dull tool it was pushing harder and harder trying to push the tool through the cut, when it wasn't sharp enough to cut. Hope this helps someone.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: soft thermal alarm (OVC)

I'm running a matsuura MC-660VG it has 436 alarm B axis soft thermal what can I do