Fagor 8055 or Haas CNC control?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fagor 8055 or Haas CNC control?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fagor 8055 or Haas CNC control?

Fagor 8055 or the standard Haas CNC control. Anyone familiar with these two controls? If you had a choice which would you pick? I only know what I have read about them, which is worth about 2 cents compared to someone who has used one. Any help?

BW

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Angry Man; 06-11-2008 at 09:58 AM. Reason: I cant spell

Monkeywrench Technician DareBee's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I assume you mean Fagor.
    Search the word Fagor in this forum.
    The amount of topics with the word Fagor in won't be too many and you will see what I and others have said about their control.

www.integratedmechanical.ca

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fagor

No wonder my search returned nothing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Not much there

I read over several post and they are mostly talking about retroing them on machines. I have never seen that type of operation go easy. I am going to buy a new machine, the two I am down to have either of these controls on them. Anyone??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Depends, I guess....

What type of machine??? I worked with both on cnc routers. 3 axis Haas, 3 and 5 axis Fagor. My preference would be the Fagor, but there was a comfort level there, had worked with previous versions of Fagors. The Haas was new addition, to me the fagor was easier to adapt to, similar to other controls I had worked with. Now, if you're going to start from scratch, the haas may work fine for you. Flip a coin? Hope I didn't make you angry, oops, you already are!!!!

Good luck with your choice.

I should also state that I was impressed with service response from haas, definite plus on the checklist.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Used previous version of Fagor control. We hated it! We couldn't wait to retro. As for the HASS, I have only seen this control several years ago when I did a short tour in software sales but if I had no strong emotion as to either, I would go with the HASS I'm sure.

Downloads
    Uploads

The machines myself and others were talking about in the past week are built at factory with the controls on them, I don't consider that a retrofit.
    If that is true then Fadals come with a Fanuc retrofit from factory.
    If you were on Moderntool.com you need to scroll past the retrofit ad.
    The Fagor control is high speed and available in 7 axis.
    I am very pleased with the Fagor I have.

However - If you can get an apples to apples spec Haas for the same money as a Fagor controlled (typically Tiawanese) machine.
    I would likely buy the American iron - Haas.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thanks

Thank you gentleman for your answers. I purposely didnt include what type of machine it was on just because I didnt want that to be the factor someone used to pick between the 2 controls. We have Fadal and Haas machines were I work, they are both good machines. The controls however I have no idea about because they are production machines with dedicated operations and run millions of cycles of the same part so I do not know how good/bad they are at the user level. Most of my programming time are on Fanuc so I havent really "used" many other controls. Thanks again,

BW

Downloads
    Uploads

True
    I feel the type of work done is most relevant to the control decision.
    Custom shops such as myself, doing mostly one-offs, show great gains in part production, for minimal cost using controls like the Fagor. Pretty much anyone can walk up to the Fagor, fill in a few dimensions beside the operation picture and you are cutting the part. On the Fadal I have to get out the computer, open an expensive CAM software, load my part model, make MOPS, convert to G code, and send to the machine. This takes WAY more time and a lot more money in equipment.
    For doing production a straight up Fanuc with good read ahead and processor speed is the most common and has gained the most trust for being bullet proof. Don't get me wrong, I feel the Fagor will do the same thing, but the Fanuc will also get you more worldwide support and quick repair/parts availability. Strength in numbers.
    I feel that if the controller on my Fadal was to die today, for what I do, I would switch it to a Fagor.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just a quick note on your questions. I am an employee of Fagor and I am also fairly familiar with the Haas CNC capability and I would be happy to answer any questions.

On another note, for the people who may not be aware of us, we are a top 5 producer of CNC Systems in the world, I believe we are currently in 4th in production and may be at 3rd by years end. We have offices in most civilized countries around the world and we offer 800 toll free tech support here in the USA as well as a fully stocked warehousing for finished good or spare parts. Regardless of its a new sell or a spare part, our deliveries are second to no-one in the industry.

The key to the Fagor CNC are the features that we offer as standard..... things like color high resolution LCD color monitor, 4 axes milling standard, USB port, flash memory, Custom editor capability with high level language programming, solid graphics, Profile Editor, Conversational "and" ISO G-code programming capability, and much more are standard features on 90% of our CNC configurations. We encourage our customers to "truly study" the features you are receiving as standard and compare to all competitors.

In any regards, I wish you good luck with whatever choice you have made.

Sincerely,
    Todd

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchpuller View Post
    Used previous version of Fagor control. We hated it! We couldn't wait to retro. As for the HASS, I have only seen this control several years ago when I did a short tour in software sales but if I had no strong emotion as to either, I would go with the HASS I'm sure.
    Wrenchpuller,

I would be interested as to the particulars of your criticism of the CNC. I would be happy to perhaps assist you in having a more pleasant experience with my control.

Sincerely,
    Todd

Downloads
    Uploads

The key to the Fagor CNC are the features that we offer as standard..... things like color high resolution LCD color monitor, 4 axes milling standard, USB port, flash memory, Custom editor capability with high level language programming, solid graphics, Profile Editor, Conversational "and" ISO G-code programming capability, and much more are standard features on 90% of our CNC configurations. We encourage our customers to "truly study" the features you are receiving as standard and compare to all competitors
    Fagor Todd, can you help a little further here? I've have been given the responsibility of a Microcut using Fagor 8055 and for the life of me cannot find suitable tutorials in getting to grips with the PLC. I've experience with much older Fanuc Machines and I do have all the PDF Manuals from fagorautomations.com but the direct way of doing new parts from scratch is missing for this old coot. Today I 'discovered' a profile graphic editor that I do not recall seeing anything helpful about in the manuals. Any suggestions?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fagor Manuals

Hi Spanafun (And everybody, its the first time I post here, I'm from Spain, and my English is a bit... ok, you'll see).
    I know the 8055 and its PLC, and is a bit complicated to work with. The PDF you need, is the MAN_8055(i)_OEM, where you can find the communication between the CNC part and the PLC. Also, you have a commented PLC program in this manual. About the profile editor, I have seen it, but I have never worked with. Here I put a PLC example. It's a laser welding machine (special configuration), and there is some communication (CNC-PLC) to achieve some power control on the laser welding. The program is in Spanish (I'm sorry, but I think in this Languaje ;=)).

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the prompt reply Alfadeko ~ greatly appreciated.

Cannot find MAN_8055(i)_OEM online ( am very interested because I have yet to see an OEM version of anything).

As to being Spainish ~ I'm looking for a translator so as to fully appreciate your attached file.

I understand basic G coding but for me to succeed with this machine I need to train others in its use so still need to track down tutorials that do more than just give a two line description of the profile editor because I believe this would be a great way to train newbies in getting actual work done on this machine.

I'm currently trying to nail down some form of online support because experienced individuals do not seem to be in residence in this country. They try but I've found out more here than they seem to know.

All that being said, as mentioned earlier in this post, going graphical appears to be the simplest way to use this machine. So back to looking for those illusive tutorials.

Edit: Any chance of attaching your manual to an email? Contact possible through personal messages I believe.

Last edited by Snapafun; 07-14-2009 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Request

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fagor manuals

Ok, here is the link to the OEM manual. As you see, the name is man_8055_inst.pdf
    http://www.fagorautomation.com/pub/d..._8055_inst.pdf
    About the profile editor, you cand download the latest version from Fagor,
    http://www.fagorautomation.com/pub/d...gl/windraw.zip
    And you can find some programming examples, with a customized screen here:
    http://www.fagorautomation.com/pub/d..._8055m_exa.pdf

You have more manuals and examples here:
    http://www.fagorautomation.com/_bin/descargas.php

Downloads
    Uploads

All those links give me more than the regular places ~ thanks. I need to cruise that site further. Thanks heaps, should keep me busy for a while.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

how to get a fagor conversational tutorial simulator

Downloads
    Uploads

Never heard of one.
    You have to get an experienced person to show you or figure it out "trial and error" while reading the manual.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

8055 simulator is a stan alone set (a machine)
    8070/8065 have simulator can run on PC (windows)

So, 8055 simulator cost you some $$$, and the 8070/65 is much cheaper solution on simulation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast