positive communication with 800TGI

Thread: positive communication with 800TGI

Activation process Freakingreen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up positive communication with 800TGI

Update some info for those of us with old lathes running Fagor 800T controls

I will tell you I have had zero success until today with communicating with my lathe. Probably 8 solid days invested getting to this point.

Here are the fact:

laptop computer running windows 11
    Fagor download of WinDnc V6.2
    Startech USB to 9 pin RS232 adapter ( download the driver www.starttech.com/ICUSB232V2 )

modified the pin out on a older RS232 cable as follows

cnc side -------- Computer side

2 to 2
    3 to 3
    7 to 5

join together wires
    5,6,9 8,6,4

9600 Baud rate, Data bit 8, parity none, stop bit xon/xoff

Parameter 606 11001010

This has allowed me to transfer files.

Now I just have to figure out my post processor for Fusion360. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know. Currently I get an error 34 - strange character.
    I have been working on note pad to see what I can change.

(This Does Not work ***********The manual for my machine says 9600 Baud rate, Data bit 7, parity none, stop bit 1
    xon/xoff)

Default Re: positive communication with 800TGI

Quote Originally Posted by Freakingreen View Post
    Update some info for those of us with old lathes running Fagor 800T controls

I will tell you I have had zero success until today with communicating with my lathe. Probably 8 solid days invested getting to this point.

Here are the fact:

laptop computer running windows 11
    Fagor download of WinDnc V6.2
    Startech USB to 9 pin RS232 adapter ( download the driver www.starttech.com/ICUSB232V2 )

modified the pin out on a older RS232 cable as follows

cnc side -------- Computer side

2 to 2
    3 to 3
    7 to 5

join together wires
    5,6,9 8,6,4

9600 Baud rate, Data bit 8, parity none, stop bit xon/xoff

Parameter 606 11001010

This has allowed me to transfer files.

Now I just have to figure out my post processor for Fusion360. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know. Currently I get an error 34 - strange character.
    I have been working on note pad to see what I can change.

(This Does Not work ***********The manual for my machine says 9600 Baud rate, Data bit 7, parity none, stop bit 1
    xon/xoff)

Have you had any luck with a post processor , I also have a 800TGI that I'm trying to find a post processor for that will work with solidworks

Activation process Freakingreen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: positive communication with 800TGI

Sorry haven't looked at the forum in a long time. I had some success. Paid $550 US to have a post processor written
    It works with Fagor's windnc some what.
    I've had to do alot of experiment to try to figure out whst characters or spaces it doesn't like. I have used a few programs successfully.
    Machine electrical issue plagued me this year. Still are. Randomly get a brown screen and servos power down. Can't find a single physical issue. Then randomly the next time I turn it on it works and runs for days....until it doesnt.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk