New to me Fagor 8025M, how to start spindle, execute some MDI?

Thread: New to me Fagor 8025M, how to start spindle, execute some MDI?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New to me Fagor 8025M, how to start spindle, execute some MDI?

I just got an old but very nice Standard Router brand 4x4 CNC router with a Fagor 8925m control that I'm going to do a retrofit on, probably to Centroid. I'd like to run it first to see what works and what doesn't as I've been told there were some intermittent issues, and to download the parameters & stuff that might be of use to someone. The former owner (who last ran the machine about 8 years ago) had this machine connected to a PC via rs232. I can start the machine and jog the axes, but I can't figure out how to start the spindle, and the former owner doesn't remember how to operate the machine, having moved on to much more modern equipment. I'd be OK with merely running the (two) spindles, if for nothing else to make sure the AC drives for them are fine without wiring them up on the bench. There are some old programs in memory but scrolling thru I don't see any m03 or s lines, and I can't figure out how to load them. Not being familiar with this control I'm not sure how to do MDI on it, if someone could give me basic navigation info from the starting page to be able to just get started would be great. I tried m03 s6000, s6000 m03, etc but I can only jog axes and not get the control to accept an actual line of code, even with the aid of the user manual at http://www.fagorautomation.com/downl...8025m_user.pdf .That said I'm primarily used to running an old boss bridgeport running mach3- mostly just code from CAM rather that MDI at the control. I'm also going to replace the PLC and control batteries as they are surely near their end, and have taken phone pics of all the parameter pages I can find. Anyone know how to run this?

Similar Threads:
    See my stuff for sale at http://stores.ebay.com/Industrial-Tool-and-Machine-Works?refid=store

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New to me Fagor 8025M, how to start spindle, execute some MDI?

Hi Tom!
    Same here, i'm unable to start the spindle!!
    I've other question:
    Have you found a solutions for backup the parameters of the machine? In wich menu can i found it? I need to backup also the Iverter parameter but i don't know how to do it!
    Can you help me?
    Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New to me Fagor 8025M, how to start spindle, execute some MDI?-20190625_191922-jpg   New to me Fagor 8025M, how to start spindle, execute some MDI?-20190625_191942-jpg   New to me Fagor 8025M, how to start spindle, execute some MDI?-20190625_191952-jpg   New to me Fagor 8025M, how to start spindle, execute some MDI?-20190712_175801-jpg  

New to me Fagor 8025M, how to start spindle, execute some MDI?-20190712_181217-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New to me Fagor 8025M, how to start spindle, execute some MDI?

I was not able to find a solution, but I took photos of each parameter screen. I just removed everything to prepare for a centroid all in one retrofit. I was going to retain the servo drives but will just sell them to offset the purchase of the centroid. While I'm at it I may even replace the spindle drive with one that accepts single phase input then the whole machine will be single phase....

See my stuff for sale at http://stores.ebay.com/Industrial-Tool-and-Machine-Works?refid=store