Help - fagor 8025T newbie cannot run program - no axis motion in auto

Thread: Help - fagor 8025T newbie cannot run program - no axis motion in auto

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Help - fagor 8025T newbie cannot run program - no axis motion in auto

Trying to get a new to me machine with a Fagor 8025T going. Axis will jog but not move in automatic mode.

Any simple program the machine will load, start spindle but NO axis motion (just sits there saying program in execution). If I hit stop and then start again it will move commanded axes slightly. It will do the entire program if I hit start and stop repeatedly but will not run continuously.

If I start at x0.00 moving to G0 X1.0 it will not move at all, hitting stop and start again will move to x0.05, then 0.10 etc until it gets to the commanded position.

There are no errors on the screen and jog works smoothly, I am sure I am missing something but no idea what. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help - fagor 8025T newbie cannot run program - no axis motion in auto

Have you tried running single block mode of the program?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help - fagor 8025T newbie cannot run program - no axis motion in auto

Yes, unfortunately same problem. Also tried running programs left by the previous owner, same problem. Feed rate knob works, if I set feed higher it will move faster and further at each start / stop cycle but still not run automatically. Any lines of the program without motion execute fine including m-codes. If I have multiple lines with m-codes only it will execute all until it gets to motion.

Keep thinking it is some kind of user error, have not used fagor before. It does not feel like a hardware problem since manual jog works, and I can travel to the programmed coords. fine using MPG, it will get to programmed position eventually if I hit start/stop enough times so I don't think it is mechanical or electrical fault in the motors/drives. Also control UI does not crash or stop responding, it just sits there doing nothing but responds to keys.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's been a while since I've worked on Fagor but I'm leaning towards an issue with the I/O card in the control or something in machine wiring? If my memory serves me correctly, I believe there's a screen for you to check the I/O so maybe check that and check that all your inputs are being seen correctly. Worst case, you may have to call Fagor and see if they can help figure it out, not sure if they still support this control tho.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, according to fagor's site they do not support it anymore. I don't think its physical wiring or it would not move at all either with MPG or in the small steps. Output module from real time cpu could be glitching but then it shouldnt move at all? maybe bad memory in a buffer somewhere only holds the first move then fails with hmi side waiting, that might explain why it works from MPG which I guess bypasses the buffers and sends pulses direct to the amps.

Haven't physically checked yet but probably this control is all on one or two boards so fixing it is unlikely, output buffer and opto isolators are probably all integrated.

Its a gang tool machine so retrofit will be trivial just not what I want to do at the moment

Downloads
    Uploads

the spindle is at rpm specified in "s" parameter?

Downloads
    Uploads

im thinking broken encoder belt on the spindle.