New Maintenance Tech Nightmare

Thread: New Maintenance Tech Nightmare

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New Maintenance Tech Nightmare

ok,

so i recently started a small shop in the maintenance dept. when i'm not working on mainline production equipment, i've committed to myself to restore a perfectly good CNC mill back to working order. so a little back story... a couple of years ago the mill in question lost its battery back up (of course) 8055m Fagor controls, Glentek servo drives and spindle controlled for a off brand VFD. the maintenance crew before me had pretty much zero plc or control experience. make a long short it pretty much got turned into a shelf for other equipment. i'm not familiar with Fagor controls or CNC programming. i was able to talk to Fagor help desk and they sent me some turnkey files (generic). i have uploaded them to the unit with pretty much no difference in operation. once the e-stop is disengaged, the axis's all move very slow and will not stop until the estop is pressed and the control is reset. i've looked thru the installation manual a couple dozen times to try and walk thru setting parameters to no avail. and we have no service techs in our area. getting real close to removing the motors and controls and turning it back into a manual machine, so we could at least utilize it in some capacity.

Here are some photos and the files they sent me. any insight would be great.

Dave

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17l...KZIRSADExrS4oJ

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Maintenance Tech Nightmare

You need to adjust parameters for your machine and write PLC Program.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Maintenance Tech Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by htguru View Post
    ok,

so i recently started a small shop in the maintenance dept. when i'm not working on mainline production equipment, i've committed to myself to restore a perfectly good CNC mill back to working order. so a little back story... a couple of years ago the mill in question lost its battery back up (of course) 8055m Fagor controls, Glentek servo drives and spindle controlled for a off brand VFD. the maintenance crew before me had pretty much zero plc or control experience. make a long short it pretty much got turned into a shelf for other equipment. i'm not familiar with Fagor controls or CNC programming. i was able to talk to Fagor help desk and they sent me some turnkey files (generic). i have uploaded them to the unit with pretty much no difference in operation. once the e-stop is disengaged, the axis's all move very slow and will not stop until the estop is pressed and the control is reset. i've looked thru the installation manual a couple dozen times to try and walk thru setting parameters to no avail. and we have no service techs in our area. getting real close to removing the motors and controls and turning it back into a manual machine, so we could at least utilize it in some capacity.

Here are some photos and the files they sent me. any insight would be great.

Dave

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17l...KZIRSADExrS4oJ
    Fagor automation has all the documentation free to down load. There is a large section dedicated to writing the PLC program which it must have even if it is only very basic. The manual does give an example along with explanations. The slow feed rates are just parameter settings. Each axis has its own parameter list.The way the jog buttons are behaving is caused by a line in the PLC which you can edit or just use the ";" (semi colon) in front of the line that uses the Key Word "Latchm" in it which disables that line. Latchm switches on continuous jog. Actually pressing any other jog key will cancel the jog. Check out YouTube there are a number of video tutorials which give you the basics. Dave