Need Help! Servo "Chatter" Fagor 8055i-MC on ACRA Knee Mill

Thread: Servo "Chatter" Fagor 8055i-MC on ACRA Knee Mill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Servo "Chatter" Fagor 8055i-MC on ACRA Knee Mill

I am having an issue with the x axis servo on my Fagor 8055i-mc equipped ACRA knee Mill. when the Mill is in DRO mode the X Axis is smooth when the x axis hand wheel is turned. when the CNC is active it will intermittently "Chatter" that is the best that I can describe what it is doing, and I am not referring to cutter chatter, it can do it any time that the x axis is moving. Attached is a YouTube video of what I am referring to. any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Jason,

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Servo "Chatter" Fagor 8055i-MC on ACRA Knee Mill

I've seen relays oscillate like that due to low voltage .

Downloads
    Uploads

That looks to me as if there is a lot of backlash on the "X" axis ball nut or possibly the drive belt may be loose. You could also try increasing the dead band parameter value a little or lowering the proportional gain or maybe increasing the damping factor. The parameters for these are shown in the manual. Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Jason, you wouldn't happen to have backup parameters and plc program for you ACRA by chance. We have the exact machine with 8055 controls that's dead in the water due to a bad backup battery. ACRA has been no help and Fagor doesn't do custom PLC work according to their tech bench. Or even pictures of the parameters and program would move me in right direction.

Thanks in advance
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

I ended up having to work out the parameters on my Fagor 8055 and write my own PLC program using the documentation from Fagor's website. The PLC part was daunting to say the least and I had a PLC that came with the machine (albeit in Spanish) to give me some clues. In truth it only confused things even more. The documentation (installation manual) which is free for download from Fagor Automation is very helpful and will guide you through replacing the parameters. Trying to modify parameters or a PLC from a different machine will just as hard as starting from scratch because of the inevitable differences.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bdrangdo View Post
    That looks to me as if there is a lot of backlash on the "X" axis ball nut or possibly the drive belt may be loose. You could also try increasing the dead band parameter value a little or lowering the proportional gain or maybe increasing the damping factor. The parameters for these are shown in the manual. Dave
    Not sure how I miss the reply’s to this.

This issue only shows up when doing a X minus move. The belt is tight, I had the x axis run away on me and smash the x servo bracket into the saddle and break the cap screws that hold the ball but in place and smash some of the lube lines. When I was repairing the carnage I found a couple of extra broken cap screws in the saddle.

I am also have problem keeping the x ball nut lube lines primed. I am going to replace the metering unit and the lube lines. I will double check backlash in the ball nut and post back.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by htguru View Post
    Hey Jason, you wouldn't happen to have backup parameters and plc program for you ACRA by chance. We have the exact machine with 8055 controls that's dead in the water due to a bad backup battery. ACRA has been no help and Fagor doesn't do custom PLC work according to their tech bench. Or even pictures of the parameters and program would move me in right direction.

Thanks in advance
    Dave
    I do not have any backups currently. I will attempt to access the information and get back to you.

What type of battery and where is it located?

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk