Fadal VMC15 & DNC

Thread: Fadal VMC15 & DNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Fadal VMC15 & DNC

Hello,

I have a 93 VMC15 with the 88 control, I am not sure what cards are in the system but I believe they are stock for the year. I have been trying to figure out how to do DNC with this machine but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do it. I can communicate with the machine as I can ul/dl programs through it with NCLink Free.

NCLink Free has a Terminal in it and I have been able to somewhat do something direct from the computer, but I cannot figure out how to drip feed a long program into the Fadal. If there is someone who can give me a step by step instructions on it, I'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jeff

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Jeff--
    Give the Applications/Programming guys at Fadal a call. They will walk you thru what you need.

Neal

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

give calmotion a call they have a unit that plugs in to the rs232 port and has a lead that you install at the control pad that excepts thumb drives load to usb thumb drive stick it in the port and push cd,10 enter dnc,program name .nc than enter than cycle start as large a program as the usb will hold 4 gigs no problem cost is 550.00 they work great it is the best money you can spend on a fadal .

thanks donnelson

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I guess coming here to figure this out isn't going to work. All I wanted was some sort of an explanation on how to do it. Everything communicates just fine, I just wanted to be able to feed the machine with the PC for a long program.

Monkeywrench Technician DareBee's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

You need to get a program capable of DNC.
    NCFadal is very simple.
    My CAM package also has MultiDNC which will drip feed.
    Cadem sells many comm programs. I have never used any but their free version, which does NOT drip.

www.integratedmechanical.ca

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking DNC

I can't tell you how to DNC a Fadal.

But our machine tool dealer is a Fadal distributer and he gave us a free DOS App that works great for DNC on our machine and it included a Fadal config file if I remember correctly.

This would require a DOS based computer and proper cable.

And I mean DOS, as in NO Windows installed... This app WILL NOT WORK IN ANY KIND of DOS Window.

PM me your email if you want it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

you will have to have some type of program to dnc whether it be fadal assist or fadal nc or you can spend a few bucks with calmotion and not need a pc to your mill which can lead to lightning to your machine like mine forgetting to shut down pc but the calnmotion box is about hte size of a deck of cards super simple to run and you can call me anytime you want i have a 15 and a 15xt and will help you day or night just ask we will help you out

donnelson

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 94 Fadal VMC15. I've dnced a few times. I can't remember the exact procedure, but it's all spelled out in the manual.

http://www.fadal.com/fileadmin/mag_f...MAN-0131_A.pdf

There are a few things that need to be done to the program. Section 14 is the communications section it explains a lot.

Hope this helps

Downloads
    Uploads

Jeff--
    As I said before, call our applications department and they can help you out. (818) 727-2100 Option #3. (We do no charge our customers for telephone support)

Neal

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by skullworks View Post

But our machine tool dealer is a Fadal distributer and he gave us a free DOS App that works great for DNC on our machine and it included a Fadal config file if I remember correctly.

And I mean DOS, as in NO Windows installed... This app WILL NOT WORK IN ANY KIND of DOS Window.

Is this the "assist" program?. I have used it for years. It would drip very easy. Some of the machines, just send it and its "waiting" for you. On my older 4020 (85) I think I had to prepare the control by typing DNC.

Worked really good. Then my PC died. I loaded the software on another PC and I am only able to up/download. When I try to DNC it launches the first 30 lines, and thats it. No matter which machine. So its in the PC. I tried every setting. Called applications. They sent me new software (no charge). When that didnt work, it was like, Hmmmmmm.......

So this might be the problem. I need a dos based computer. I will try exiting to a dos prompt and booting the assist from there. I really liked that software. No bells and whistles, but it dripped great.

Cheers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You don't need a dos system to dnc I've done it several times from a windoze xp system.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi rjdj2000
    i run a 97 fadal vmc15XT with an 88HS control. To DNC to it i go to the 2nd manual screen (the one without the JOG feature on it). Then enter the command `DNC` , then push ENTER on control, then send file from Comp. obviously have the communications rates between the 2 the same, my mill reads 9600 Bytes/sec , EVEN parameters, 1 STOP signal. Flow control ON . the communications cable has connection thru Pin 2 and 3 , and Pin 7 . Pin 2 and 3 are REVERSED on the end of the cable, in order for the mill controller to send a `Pause` and `Continue` signal to the comp. good luck
    markthehermit

Downloads
    Uploads

Just an update. Skullworks comment was accurate concerning the dos environment for Assist. After trying everything, I repaired an old dos based computer I had and it DNC's like butter. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DNC

Quote Originally Posted by skullworks View Post

Hi

you can send me the DOS app please

otto.rodas@gmail.com

thanks.

regards

Default Re: Fadal VMC15 & DNC

You can download it here DMG Machinery and Parts .com