LCD Monitor - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LCD Monitor

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LCD Monitor

No pics of it? My LCD is wiggly and fuzzy and has vertical lines and I need to replace it also but I wanted an open frame type.
    Are you all taking the eyoyo apart, or leaving it together and just mounting externally from the pendant?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dyad1 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Has anyone out there tried to replace the CRT monitor with a LCD monitor?
    Can it be done? If not how come? Maybe Neal can shed some light (pun
    not intended) on the subject.
    Thanks,
    Gary
    Hello Gary. If you are speaking of a typical CNC88 control, the ELE-0189 (CRT Style) is the installed monitor. You would replace it with an LCD style monitor (ELE-0190). You simply remove the old monitor and bolt the new one in and hook the signal and power cables and you are done. Let me know if you have any troubles and I will help as I can.

FadalCNC Tech Support

Downloads
    Uploads

bump, for a great thread. i ordered this monitor yesterday, got it today and had it installed in about 45-minutes.
    it literally fits perfectly. i flipped the base mount on the back of the monitor and bolted it to the metal base plate in the cabinet. one screw is all it needs to hold it tight. the BNC connector is nice.
    the existing 12VDC CRT power supply works great for the LCD. i just snipped off the plug end from the power supply provided in the box and soldered on some connectors.
    it even has a remote!
    i might add a trim piece around the cutout if it gets too annoying. could probably 3D print something...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LCD Monitor-_mg_7365-copy-jpg   LCD Monitor-_mg_7372-copy-jpg  
    Last edited by everettengr; 07-11-2019 at 11:02 AM. Reason: typo

Downloads
    Uploads

That looks great !! I've ordered the same monitor. Hopefully, have it installed next week

pete

Downloads
    Uploads

you will not be disappointed. i wish i saw this thread when i purchased the mill, but glad i finally got rid of that old CRT.
    i assume the CRT should just be recycled? can't imagine anyone would want it...???

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi folks, Well, my monitor arrived yesterday and I installed it yesterday. I went a different path on the install. I took the new monitor apart. Separated the connection board from the rear panel (a
    couple of screws held it in place). Then I just basically used silicone to hold the monitor in place. I used a piece of 1/2" square stock (between the monitor and keyboard) to keep it level and packing tape to hold the monitor in place, till the silicone cured. Here is the result.......

LCD Monitor-img_20190716_165935535-jpg

LCD Monitor-img_20190716_165945958-jpg

LCD Monitor-img_20190716_165854129-jpg

The silicone that you see in the second picture is actually original to the monitor. I was surprised to see it after I opened the back. It gave me the idea to use silicone to mount the monitor to the panel

I'm really happy with this monitor. It was basically "plug and play" to install. Another plus is that it turns on when you start the machine. I initially thought I would have to press the monitor's power button on startup to turn it on.

Btw, I bought the monitor on eBay. Total cost $68.00

Lastly, thanks for a great thread !!!!!!

pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks good Pete. You must of found a really good deal on that one. I hadn't seen any near that price.
    Good job!

Richard

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rwskinner View Post
    Looks good Pete. You must of found a really good deal on that one. I hadn't seen any near that price.
    Good job!

Richard
    It was an open box deal. I offered $40.00 and they accepted. But, they did charge me $23 shipping plus tax

pete

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234