Machine: Fadal VMC 4020
Control: Fanuc 18i-MB5

Error: 1205 NEED TO REFERENCE ALL AXIS FIRST

Description:

In the middle of a tool change the door bumped open (not latched fully). The tool pot dropped down and the arm made contact with both tools and stopped as the door opened. We rotated the arm via shaft on top of machine back to its normal position. Removed the tool in spindle and restarted the machine. Upon restart the tool pot went back up. Ref X,Y,Z axis as normal.

Tried to perform a tool change. Now gives error on all G and M codes "1205 NEED TO REFERENCE ALL AXIS FIRST". X,Y,Z reference return is going back to normal positions but still get error.

Did a manual tool change via control panel hard keys and was successful tool change cycle. Still gives same error when trying M and G code however. This leads me to believe that the arm and Z are in proper locations. I've never had this happen with an interrupted tool change on previous machines with Fanuc Controllers and I am stumped.

I think some parameter or glitch took place. Nothing got damaged. Restarted several times. Even tried Ref Return all axis (4 key) just because... but then get error 090. This is only a 3-Axis but there is an 'A' axis shown in the positions display and you can dial that number... but not sure what it's to and if it effects anything. I tried hand dialing that number to 0.000 and other random values but nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.