Fadal 6030 startup problems.

Thread: Fadal 6030 startup problems.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fadal 6030 startup problems.

-Hey all, I'm new around here. Been lurking for some time, but this is my first post.

My company bought a 1996 Fadal 6030HT from an equipment broker a few weeks ago. We finally got it under power a few days ago, and I'm trying to get it up and running. Upon startup (main power on, green CNC button after a few seconds) my screen is just displaying gibberish. random symbols and characters, controls unresponsive. After some reading and research, I learned that a jumber across J2 on the CPU board boots the machine into diagnostic mode. As I go through and run the diagnostic tests, I get a failure when testing the clocks. it reads "INT 6 -FAILED- (PRESS MANUAL)"

I've pulled all the boards from the backplane, cleaned contacts, reseated boards and chips. What's my next step? Any advice is appreciated!

cheers-
    -G

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fadal 6030 startup problems.-clock-error-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fadal 6030 startup problems.

If you didn't see it running, it may pay to check that all of the boards are correct for the mother board - they may have swapped boards. See attached board compatibility chart.

Jon

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fadal 6030 startup problems.-axis_control_cards_compatibility-pdf