VMC15XT Spindle alignment

Thread: VMC15XT Spindle alignment

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VMC15XT Spindle alignment

I replaced motor and spindle and now trying to align the belt. I have the one GTR belt. Going forward the belt rides right in the middle of the pulley and won't move. when I go into reverse the belt starts to walk down to the bottom of the pulley. Any idea why the belt will not move from center going forward but in reverse the belt goes to bottom of pulley? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VMC15XT Spindle alignment

check with sensitive indicator. Axes are not in parallel.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    check with sensitive indicator. Axes are not in parallel.
    That sounds like a great idea thought of that but not sure where to mount the mag base and where to take the measurement from. Any suggestions of how to do that? Fadal has nothing in the manuals of how to go about this!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ballistic42 View Post
    I replaced motor and spindle and now trying to align the belt. I have the one GTR belt. Going forward the belt rides right in the middle of the pulley and won't move. when I go into reverse the belt starts to walk down to the bottom of the pulley. Any idea why the belt will not move from center going forward but in reverse the belt goes to bottom of pulley? Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Problem fixed. I did not have the pulleys set at the correct height per the maintenance manual. A member sent me the picture of the correct information to set the heights. The pulleys are aligned the right way now and no problems. Shout out to Skinner!

Jeff