Problem Renishaw Probe

Thread: Renishaw Probe

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Renishaw Probe

Hi All

One of the Fadal 4020's I use, is fully equipped with a Renishaw MP12 and TS27 probe system, but it has been turned off. Does anyone know how I can power the probe system up again? I also have the probing programs, but cannot remember if they need to be in the memory, or if the Fadal software can drive the probe. The programs are all numbered O9xxx, and as I remember, these are invisible when loaded. Is this true, or Is my memory getting frail?

Any information recieved on how to re-activate the probe will be greatly appreciated

Regards

Axis

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Renishaw Probe

Make sure the battery in the mp12 is good.

When you power on the machine the ts27r should already be turned on you can verify by using the m codes
    M64 probe active
    M65 tool probe select
    M66 spindle probe select
    M67 probe off

Depending on your wiring I may be a little off on that but try typing in mdi m65 and then hitting jog and touch your tool probe the screen should go from saying not touching to touching

To test the spindle probe try m64 then m66 then hit jog and touch the spindle probe to see if it activates. Then try m67 to turn it off.

Some probes can be set to spin on or also just turn on via contact with the tool taper. Mine is setup to work via mcodes.

Downloads
    Uploads

I forgot to mention for your programs I think you will need to reload them. Fadal has probing routines in the control but they are not actual programs. They are to be used in programs it is L9101 and you will not be able to see it in memory. O9xxx programs are probably probing programs you will need to have in memory

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi ianagos

Thank you for your very quick response and the info. it contains.

It has been the better part of 25 years since I used the probe system on a Fadal, and most of the know-how has evaporated, you know - use it or lose it. The problem I have is more basic than the probes themselves. It is in the actual power supply to the probe system. There are no active lights on the MI12, and the probe status light on the MI8 is unlit.
    I am assuming there is a relay or tripswitch or somesuch that will turn the MI12 and the MI8 on, but I do not know where or what that would be, and I do not want to go poking around in the cabinet, for obvious reasons.

Regards

Axis