Problem 4020 stops during tool change - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4020 stops during tool change

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4020 stops during tool change

Yep, thanks for the follow up. Some of the Fadal Error messages are very mystic. I would have expected an axis overload also.
    I did a G1 so it would slowly go to +3.00" to see if it was running out of travel. The G0 found it. I believe my rapids are all 700.

If it didn't do it any where else in the Z position, then I would think the straps/gibs are slightly tight up there or the Z screw is slightly out of alignment.

Downloads
    Uploads

...there is a Lag Display in SETP and a Maintenance program to check the balance of axis amps. To load the these programs just type TA,2 at the Command prompt. then run O5811 program to view Balance results..nothing is changed its just for diagnostics. the Pots is how to adjust on each Amp.
    https://flintmachine.com/images/uplo...e_Programs.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

Was the single phase transformer T-813 in there or did you add it? That may have caused some differences in loading/current that can affect several items.

I'm just trying to figure out what changed between there and your place. I would definitely check the following error like MH5 is suggesting.
    Typically, they want you to measure the travel speed and calibrate the clock card first so everything else after that is accurate.

Downloads
    Uploads

I added the 813. It was on the 820 before.

I'm really super hesitant to go twiddling with these settings but I agree going to the single phase voltages might require some calibration.

I figured out how to load and run those programs, is there a procedure that tells you what to check/adjust? It seems like you'd want to be measuring a voltage or something while running to know what to adjust. What does the 595 or 302 mean? Why is the balance number in 05811 different than that in 05812,13,14? (595 vs 680)

How is that different than the procedure listed on page 201 (17 on the actual pdf): https://flintmachine.com/images/uplo...ve_Systems.pdf

Also, is there anywhere that has all of the manual in one PDF? Searching through individual sections is frustratingly impossible. Say I could search for 05811 and see where it's discussed.

Also, also, with my machine being a 99, how cautious do I need to be following a manual from 2003?

Downloads
    Uploads

In the maintenance books, there's a section on adjusting everything. The 595 and 302 is the following error that you see to the right side of your XYZ Positions on the screen.
    When you rapid the full travel and watch those numbers. 302 is for Metric ballscrews and 595 is for standard pitch ballscrews. Check out Maintenance Manual Section 6 - Axis Drive Systems. Look at DC Axis Drive Systems and read up on it. Pretty simple but at least check what you have or you might make weird parts. I went off memory on the programs so read the section I mentioned. There is also a section on measuring amp current to make sure your ballscrews are aligned and the gibs aren't too tight. If you run low current and it climbs as you get towards end of travel, that sort of means things might not be lined up to good.

Being that you just trucked this thing, changed transformer and stuff, I would take the time, go thru it and not only will you learn a lot, but you'll know everything is right. My machine is a 95 model and the manual is just fine. Very little changed on the Fadals over the years on the 88/88HS controls and electronics.

I know for a fact going from 3 phase to single phase affects several things, so take time and be sure it's right.

Downloads
    Uploads

I definitely agree with wanting to go through it, but at the same time I don't want to damage anything and the steps in the manual assume a pretty high level of understanding which is where I'm struggling. I know once I get over the hump I'll look back and be embarrased at myself but that's how it is for me.

Going from 3 phase to single phase is sort of a misnomer since the 3 phase transformer was mainly used to create different single phase legs. The only differences is the voltage which I agree can change a lot of things.

Also, I started going through section 6:
    -The SV screen doesn't follow the steps listed, as in I don't have any menus to pick #2 or #6, for example. Probably software version differences?
    -my z axis has all zeros for the zero offset, pics of all 3 axis' attached
    -how do I tell what software version is on my cards? The instructions want AC0003-5 or higher
    -how come section 6 doesn't reference a program like 05811 and instead has one you enter manually (?) It seems like they are basically the same thing. I can't find what mpp p2 does but it probably loops it endlessly? Same thing with the L100 and L101.1? (also, I'm not sure how to enter more than one line at a time)

Running the 05811 program all axis report around 605 for following error.

BTW my machine is an AC drive with metric ballscrews

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4020 stops during tool change-axis-survey-x-jpg   4020 stops during tool change-axis-survey-y-jpg   4020 stops during tool change-axis-survey-z-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

...XYZ 605 Following Error is not perfect 595 but, no problem the main thing is they are the same to make nice round circles. No need to adjust that part (SIG Pot) if, you're not in the mood. When the machine is standing still the Following Error show be 0, if not it is adjustable with the Balance Pot on the Amp.

Looking at your Z Survey screen, I see the Offset is 0 which seems odd. Depending which tool holders you are using CAT 40 or BT40 the Survey Offset number sets the TC position during tool changes (Cold Start). If, your TC Turret seems to be working smoothly with the Spindle handoff then no problem. Service manual explains in more detail how to adjust (If needed)

Downloads
    Uploads

Following error is zero while standing still. I'm working on a test block to check dimensions/performance. So you are saying I can adjust the sig pot while running the 05811 program to get to 595 and no other adjustments will be needed? That seems simple enough.

Last night I did tool changes with holders in the turret and it worked great.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm glad your making progress. They're pretty easy overall and fun to learn.
    If you're happy with the performance and the following error is okay and the dimensions are fine then I wouldn't screw with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123