Need Help! New to me 89 Fadal VMC40

Thread: New to me 89 Fadal VMC40

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New to me 89 Fadal VMC40

Sorry this is a bit new to me. I've have several benchtop type machines. This is my first "real" cnc machine.
    I'm having a weird issue. XY and Z only move 50% of what it is supposed to .
    I.E. if I jog 4 inches it only moves 2 inches. On all 3 axis.

This also appears to affect the TC,1 command the z does not move heigh enough to change out tool holder.

Thanks
    Brad

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New to me 89 Fadal VMC40

Use SetP and go verify all your settings are correct for your machine. Many of these older Fadals have bad batteries and loose the settings after awhile being not used.
    If you open the pendant rear cover (Monitor / operator panel) there should be a sticker with all the factory settings.

Next, after you do this, make sure all the marks are aligned and you do a CS command (Cold Start) It's pretty important in order to establish it's soft limits per axis.

Let us know what you find. Ah, make sure your balls screws are also set right Metric versus Inch.

Richard