New to me Fadal 15xt 480 only?

Thread: New to me Fadal 15xt 480 only?

Default New to me Fadal 15xt 480 only?

I got a fadal from an auction sight unseen. Risky I know but thrilling never know how terrible of a deal you got until it's too late.

Well I got what looks to be an ultra low hour 15xt. It had a build sheet in the door and unfortunately it is was ordered with not many extras. I plan on adding rigid tap and I'm still dealing with supplying power. I have seen many others post pictures of their power cabinet which has a sticker on the door for proper jumper placement for 220-440 volts. My only list starting in the three hundred. Was there an option for a 480 only fadal? I sure hope not lol. Here are some pictures of the machine.

BTW... forklifts are for wussies... or smart people not sure which... lol

Similar Threads:

Forgot to attach pictures

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New to me Fadal 15xt 480 only?-20210121_005509-jpg   New to me Fadal 15xt 480 only?-20210120_160035-jpg   New to me Fadal 15xt 480 only?-20210121_022857-jpg   New to me Fadal 15xt 480 only?-20210121_023213-jpg  

New to me Fadal 15xt 480 only?-20210121_074102-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New to me Fadal 15xt 480 only?

Nice. BTW, I never had Rigid tapping and never needed it. I use a CAT40 Tension Compression Tap holder and I tap lots and lots of holes!

You have to tell us which transformer you have because there are many available for the Fadal. Also, search online for Fadal Manuals and you will find several sources for operations and maintenance manuals, parts and electrical online, free to download.

I moved my 4020 into my shop by myself also using the Egyptian style method. I have a large forklift that barely picked it up and go it off the trailer and into the door of the shop then the rest was bars and rollers. I think mine weighed right around 12K to 13K

Have fun with it. They're a little different to run if you hadn't done it before but really easy once you pick it up. Most people have a hard time on tool length offsets but figure it out pretty quick.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Wilde Racing View Post
    Forgot to attach pictures

Downloads
    Uploads

BTW, I had a 69 Charger with 440 Magnum and that sucker would flat out run. It ate trannys pretty often and you couldn't afford the gasoline but lots of fun. 60mph, punch, and smoke the tires. Unreal!

Quote Originally Posted by rwskinner View Post
    Nice. BTW, I never had Rigid tapping and never needed it. I use a CAT40 Tension Compression Tap holder and I tap lots and lots of holes!

You have to tell us which transformer you have because there are many available for the Fadal. Also, search online for Fadal Manuals and you will find several sources for operations and maintenance manuals, parts and electrical online, free to download.

I moved my 4020 into my shop by myself also using the Egyptian style method. I have a large forklift that barely picked it up and go it off the trailer and into the door of the shop then the rest was bars and rollers. I think mine weighed right around 12K to 13K

Have fun with it. They're a little different to run if you hadn't done it before but really easy once you pick it up. Most people have a hard time on tool length offsets but figure it out pretty quick.

Richard
    It is a T-818 E I guess I might as well look for a single phase if I need to replace it....

I bet! I wish I had time to work on mine... another project with no end in sight.....

Downloads
    Uploads

T-818 versions are 340 to 510 volts. All the transformers can be located in the Maintenance Manual Section 3 - Installation Procedures.
    https://www.hillaryinc.com/fadal-vmc-manuals.htm

Quote Originally Posted by rwskinner View Post
    T-818 versions are 340 to 510 volts. All the transformers can be located in the Maintenance Manual Section 3 - Installation Procedures.
    https://www.hillaryinc.com/fadal-vmc-manuals.htm

I was able to pick up a T-816 but it is not clear where to tap for axis drives 13 and 14? Any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New to me Fadal 15xt 480 only?-screenshot_20210123-162536_gallery-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Wilde Racing; 01-24-2021 at 02:48 AM.