Fadal DNC error

Thread: Fadal DNC error

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fadal DNC error

I have recently tried to do some Fusion 360 (3D adaptive ) and have been running into issues with a DNC error. I am using a Calmotion USB to DNC the program from Fusion. I first thought is was my baud rate . I was typing in CD,10 which is default for 38K baud rate, and the machine was set at 9600 . I changed all of that to match the 38K baud rate, and still have errors. Is it because the Fadal can’t process the short fast moves?
    I have seen a few replies on other posts in this forum that’s says the USB has a lot of problems.

I have never really had a problem until I started making more complex parts(not complex for a CNC mill, but more complex for our shop)

The Fusion seems to work great.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fadal DNC error

...try 19,2k? and yes usb can be a problem, Calmotion may have a firmware update for your unit ...worth checking Also, is your backup Battery in new condition? I have seen that cause problems
    https://www.fadalcnc.com/media/pdf/S...munication.pdf

Last edited by machinehop5; 08-31-2020 at 09:48 PM. Reason: comm

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you using DNCX? I use that for my Calmotion USB from Fusion 360 and it hasn't missed a beat yet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...try 19,2k? and yes usb can be a problem, Calmotion may have a firmware update for your unit ...worth checking Also, is your backup Battery in new condition? I have seen that cause problems
    https://www.fadalcnc.com/media/pdf/S...munication.pdf
    Thanks machinehop5.. I will definitely look into all of those .. thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HDE View Post
    Are you using DNCX? I use that for my Calmotion USB from Fusion 360 and it hasn't missed a beat yet.
    HDE , What is the difference with DNCX than using DNC?.

Downloads
    Uploads

Make sure you don't have the configuration file on any of your usbs. You might be reloading old parameters if you boot up with the USB inserted.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
    Make sure you don't have the configuration file on any of your usbs. You might be reloading old parameters if you boot up with the USB inserted.
    Not sure I know what you mean. This is kinda new to me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KEVINSTJ View Post
    I have recently tried to do some Fusion 360 (3D adaptive ) and have been running into issues with a DNC error. I am using a Calmotion USB to DNC the program from Fusion. I first thought is was my baud rate .

The Fusion seems to work great.
    ...just a thought about Fusion post processor.. your program does have a % on the 1st Line right? Is the Format correct from Fusion? No looping or sub program calls using DNC right?

try testing a known good program using DNC may help set baud rate, too
    good luck,
    DJ

DNCX is a must read pg 147 of this free Fadal manual... DNCX This command operates the same as the DNC command. This command usesthe Xmodem protocol instead of the XON/XOFF protocol. The Xmodem protocolallows for long term DNC operations at higher baud rates with longercommunications cables. The Xmodem protocol sends data in packets of 128data bytes. After sending the block of data, checksum is performed. The nextpacket is sent if no error is detected.

https://flintmachine.com/images/uplo...8_Commands.pdf

and

https://flintmachine.com/images/uplo...unications.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KEVINSTJ View Post
    Not sure I know what you mean. This is kinda new to me.
    In order to change the default parameters of the Calmotion USB reader you create a configuration file, copy it to a UBS stick, and then boot the Calmotion USB reader (usually by turning on the machine) with the stick inserted. Upon bootup the configuration file programs the USB reader. If you forget to remove that file from your USB sticks and you leave that USB stick in the Calmotion reader, everytime you boot the machine, you copy that configuration file again. Make sense???

Downloads
    Uploads

One 'ghost' I had in my machine was bad grounding in the buildings electrical system. I went crazy trying to figure out why all my DNC programs would quit or error out. Ever since I left the previous shop I haven't had a single issue with DNC errors