Auto power off

Thread: Auto power off

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Auto power off

Does anyone know how to auto power off (apf) after end of program or best way for that? on 88hs control?

next Question
    can i inter setz(number) on 88hs?!
    on any z axis position without set offset?
    for example
    setz+10.
    or setz-5.6? on top side of material?
    thxx

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Auto power off

I hate to ask, but how did you plan to auto power off a Fadal with that big, spring loaded 3 phase disconnect switch?
    If you replaced that with or inserted a 3 pole contactor then you could wire the coil to a normally closed contacts on a relay. That means it powers up as normal, then you have to send a momentary signal to the slave coil to break the voltage to the contactor coil, disconnecting the load.

Now you have to come up with a plan or way to to have a timer reset while the machine is active, and when it's not active anymore, the timer counts down, expires, and sends a signal to the slave relay above.

This is all pretty simple, but, the activity detection keeping the timer reset would be the challenge.

*IF* the oil lube system works the way I think it does, it only lubes when there is axis movement. After the axis quits moving the lube pump is suppose to quit sending a pulse out. If this is the case, then you could use the lube solenoid signal to reset the timer relay. After the machine quits moving, the timer relay will no longer get reset, the timer will expire and trip you contactor. This wouldn't happen instantly, but probably within 15 minutes of stopped motion.

I think I would have a Manual / Auto switch in there to keep it from doing that during the day, and put it in auto before you leave in the evening.

Just wild ass ideas, thinking out loud, probably a more simple way, but the above is actually dead simple as well.

Richard