Fadal 4020 feed rate over ride isnt working HELP!!!!

Thread: Fadal 4020 feed rate over ride isnt working HELP!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fadal 4020 feed rate over ride isnt working HELP!!!!

I just bought my first CNC, a Fadal 4020 (1987). The only problem i have with it is the feed rate override pot isn't working and it feeds at 150%. I've seen two post about this but can't find a solution posted anywhere. The previous owner upgraded the keyboard panel and that has been said to cause this problem. I've checked the keyboard interface card wires in the upper left corner and they are attached well and I've tried reversing their order as suggested in another post, but no luck.

Any help appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fadal 4020 feed rate over ride isnt working HELP!!!!

Check the "pot" with a multi meter. That will tell you all you need to know. I'm not sure about a 1987 modol but you could probably swap the feed rate and spindle rate pot just for a simple quick test. Pots are usually pretty durable so I would also check bad wire connectors. But first things first break out your multi meter.

Default Re: Fadal 4020 feed rate over ride isnt working HELP!!!!

I had something like this years ago, and if my memory is correct if you changed the keyboard and kept the OLD 1090 interface card. i think the old ones are not fully compatible with new keyboards. the card you need i believe is a 1090-3

- - - Updated - - -

https://itscnc.com/images/Pendant_1.pdf