15XT Skipping Lines of Code

Thread: 15XT Skipping Lines of Code

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 15XT Skipping Lines of Code

Hello,

I've got a 15XT with a CNC88 controller that twice now has just randomly skipped lines of code in different programs. The first incident was a month or so back when it failed to drill a hole first before subsequently putting a tap into it. The machine had run all day making the same parts just fine but decided to miss drilling several holes across multiple parts. The drill cycle was controlled by a sub routine in a program that had the option of using block skip on all but one work offset. I did this so that the program could just be run in single part mode for when end of the run got near and there wasn't enough part blanks to populate all the work offsets. Coincidentally the station without the block skip option was the only one that didn't have missing holes on it despite block skip not being activated. My initial thought was that perhaps the controller randomly was block skipping even though it wasn't activated. Our tech wasn't really sure what to say could be the cause of it but he did have me reinitialize the memory and the machine ran just fine after that. I did remove all the block skips as a precaution in that program though. Since that time this machine has made thousands of parts without repeating this anomaly.

Today however the problem came back. After running flawlessly all day on a 24 offset program with the same block skip program method to be able to eliminate stations. This happened, of course, on the first run after handing the machine over to another operator and going home. Much like the first time a drill cycle was skipped and the follow on tool discovered some extra work ahead of it. Except this time it happened on all stations and not just the optional blocked skipped ones. After thinking about this for awhile this evening something that comes to mind is that late this afternoon as I was heading home some welding began in the vicinity of the machine, probably 30 feet away. If I'm recalling right there was welding going on when this happened the first time as well. This machine as I am to believe it is on a totally separate circuit from the welding equipment, but in the same panel. Could this in anyway be related to the welding going on? Any other ideas perhaps as to what could cause a machine to skip random lines of code?

Thanks,
    Nick