Which Glentek Equivalent to Fadal AMP-065

Thread: Which Glentek Equivalent to Fadal AMP-065

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Which Glentek Equivalent to Fadal AMP-065

I know Glentek made the Brushless Amplifiers for Fadal. I just purchased a TRM. I would like to find out which current "stock" Glentek Amplifier is closest to the FADAL AMP-065 used on the X, Y, Z axis. I'd really like to find the amplifier manual.
    The machine was made in 2003, Giddings and Lewis era. Which control does this machine have? I has sat unused for MANY years. I purchased it from an estate. Will be towards the end of September before I can move it here.

When I opened up the electrical cabinet, I was looking around for a VFD, none, then I found an AMP-065, SMA9615INV-2 controls the spindle Interesting.

I DO realize this was an entry level machine designed for the home shop/garage.

Hoping a FADAL Tech pokes his head in here with some info.

Thanks in advance,
    Marty

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Which Glentek Equivalent to Fadal AMP-065

The Amp that runs the spindle is based on the same amp that does the x,y,z, but has different programming and a bigger heat sink for the spindle. the x,y,z amp-0065 can not run the spindle. if your looking for one for the axis ebay has one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fadal-4020-...MAAOSw9E5bzx3t

Those amps will be hard to find , Glentek does not make them anymore.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Which Glentek Equivalent to Fadal AMP-065

Quote Originally Posted by rodney247 View Post
    The Amp that runs the spindle is based on the same amp that does the x,y,z, but has different programming and a bigger heat sink for the spindle. the x,y,z amp-0065 can not run the spindle. if your looking for one for the axis ebay has one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fadal-4020-...MAAOSw9E5bzx3t

Those amps will be hard to find , Glentek does not make them anymore.
    Thanks,
    I purchased a like new TRM. Fully functional.
    Since I beta test for Centroid, and this control seems to be a bit of an oddity, I am going to remove the FADAL Control on the TRM, all AMP drives, All servo motors and cables and refit the machine with a new control. I will install a Yaskawa or a GS3 Sensorless Vector Drive from Automationdirect.com so it has a traditional VFD.

Will show the machine operating before I disassemble it. Then list the parts on Ebay. Project won't start until the end of September.

Marty