Fadal 6030 back Chip guard

Thread: Fadal 6030 back Chip guard

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fadal 6030 back Chip guard

I hate the design of the back Fadal 6030 sort of 3 section telescoping chip guard or weighs guard. It is so freaking heavy, gets jammed up a lot and ours has just got a major buckle in it. Does anyone know of a place or seller on EBAY or anywhere who sells used parts? I thought maybe used chip guards are available OR a light plastic one made by a secondary source. I mean we only create light weight aluminum chips so a heavy stainless steel chip guard is not required.

OK back to trying to straighten these pieces...!!!

Thanks
    Swykore

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fadal 6030 back Chip guard

I'm not real fond of them either. I bought all my way cover parts online and repaired mine. For the most part they work okay but the alignment on the rear cover is pretty important and it can't have much slop or it will cock and jam.
    Also, Google way cover repair. There are several companies out there that rebuild or replace them. I also see surplus new ones on ebay every once in awhile but some of the prices are insane.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the response and yes they are radically expensive- I was quoted $600 and $900. We opted to go medieval on them with hammers and such to pound them back into shape and my guy actually got them working smooth again (for now). I am pretty sure that a fabricator in town could fashion a set of them out of sheet metal for much cheaper, at least I hope so.

Try M&M CNC Service, Repair and Refurbishing of CNC Milling Machines that rebuild alot of Fadals maybe they have a Tray left over from one of the machines that was too far gone and they parted it out.