Need Help! Fadal VMC 3020 HT

Thread: Fadal VMC 3020 HT

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Fadal VMC 3020 HT

Hello
    I have a 2002 Fadal VMC 3020 HT with a Calmotion 527F (v9.14.18) controller that I'm having some amp/card issues with.
    When I power the machine on, it shows “emergency stop from external card: x”. I press “jog” to reset the amps. Once the amps are reset, the CS is good, and it jogs in all axis’ (XYZ, 4th is not hooked up.) So I run my program(before you say check the program I have, and have had another check also, its good) and it throws a “emergency stop from external card: x”. so I reset the amps again and jog my z up to avoid collisions. I go “HO” and it shows “axis x amp fault”.
    So I got a new amp from FadalCNC.com(Glentek). plug it in, calibrate it, and I’m still throwing the “axis x amp”. Next step is to swap the cards from X to Y, and Y to X to check to see if my fault follows the card. When I do this I make sure to switch the card location via the switches and physical location.
    Now I repower the machine and go to reset the amps and CS, and when I try and CS it, it starts to do some whacky stuff. No jogging for starters. And when I run the CS it rapids Y+, X- 1” violently.

Any suggestions on what my next steps might be? Ive tried calling FadalCNC and they said they cant really help me because of the Calmotion controller retrofit.

Thanks in advance guys.