Need Help! installing new resolvers alignment

Thread: installing new resolvers alignment

Downloads
    Uploads

Default installing new resolvers alignment

I know the resolver for the Z axis needs to be rotated for spindle / tool changer alignment , but does the X or Y axis resolvers need any form of alignment after a new one is installed?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: installing new resolvers alignment

Install the resolver, align the marks, do a cold start. Likely the marks will not align, so rotate the resolver until the marks align, same as Z axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Re: installing new resolvers alignment

Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    Install the resolver, align the marks, do a cold start. Likely the marks will not align, so rotate the resolver until the marks align, same as Z axis
    I am assuming even if I rotate the resolver, the X axis position will be close but does the Fadal find the orignal exact X position of the table. I have jigs that I have save the X Y locations and upload them every time I use those jig. Never have to dial indication them. Assuming those XY locations will be lost.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: installing new resolvers alignment

You're right, you will loose those offsets. You are suppose to center the Y axis in the center Tee Slot using a dial indicator. Then the X will be measured to the center of the table from each end then align to that.
    It's important so the limits work right. Z axis resolver will need tool lengths done again, and X or Y will need fixture offsets done again.