Looking at buying a Fadal - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Looking at buying a Fadal

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking at buying a Fadal

I think I would try to learn how to do it myself if it comes to that. Mine was only lifting on the edges of the rear column gibs (for the rear straps). The turcite looked pretty good on the gibs but the glue just doesn't hold over time.

I'm not sure if it's better to replace those rear gibs with bronze or stay with the newer turcite gibs?

As soon as the resolver gets in, I will set it and my CS position again then start measuring tools. She needs to run awhile and recoup some $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
    Sending out my Z carriage for new turcite with shipping was about $2000. It was not a fun project.

Downloads
    Uploads

As you are doing your repairs and setting your backlash settings, we have all the parts you might need to get your machine production ready. Here is a link to the downloadable documentation for your machine: https://www.fadalcnc.com/tech-docs

Let us know if you need any help with anything. We have all the parts you might need in stock as well as 3 technicians available to help with problems as they come up.

Congratulations on your new machine. I am sure you will enjoy running it and have confidence that your machine is the best supported machine in the world.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. I appreciate you reaching out. I actually tried to order everything from your web site but it crawls really slow and crashed several times. I reached out to you contacts via email and they told me the site was fine and probably my computer, so, I ordered everything from ITS. Your site has lots of information, but its so slow its not even funny, at least from the 3 different computers I tried. Sorry you all missed out, it was a fairly large order to, as you can see from my thread.

My comments are to be helpful, not derogatory. You all have a wealth of information and tons of parts but the site makes it hard to do anything. Try using it outside your own network. I tried from my home, from work, and from my phone.

Regards,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by ASIGuy View Post
    As you are doing your repairs and setting your backlash settings, we have all the parts you might need to get your machine production ready. Here is a link to the downloadable documentation for your machine: https://www.fadalcnc.com/tech-docs

Let us know if you need any help with anything. We have all the parts you might need in stock as well as 3 technicians available to help with problems as they come up.

Congratulations on your new machine. I am sure you will enjoy running it and have confidence that your machine is the best supported machine in the world.

Last edited by rwskinner; 01-17-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rwskinner View Post
    Thanks. I appreciate you reaching out. I actually tried to order everything from your web site but it crawls really slow and crashed several times. I reached out to you contacts via email and they told me the site was fine and probably my computer, so, I ordered everything from ITS. Your site has lots of information, but its so slow its not even funny, at least from the 3 different computers I tried. Sorry you all missed out, it was a fairly large order to, as you can see from my thread.

My comments are to be helpful, not derogatory. You all have a wealth of information and tons of parts but the site makes it hard to do anything. Try using it outside your own network. I tried from my home, from work, and from my phone.

Regards,
    Richard
    Fadalcncs website sucks it’s a known thing. I’ve called them there but I don’t think they care to do anything about it. Otherwise their phone service is pretty good although their tech service ain’t too great. They lost an order of mine on some stuff because they never got back to me.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've never ordered from there but I find their website works fine and very helpful.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, it just crawls. I tried again today, 30 seconds to load a page. Click on something, and its another 20-30 seconds.
    I can say it's been that way for at least 3 weeks. It got so bad a couple weeks ago the server was locking up and spitting out "Out of Memory" errors.
    But I can go to ITS and it's instant, and all the other places I go to load fine such as MSC or McMaster or Amazon...

It's not "my" system that is an issue, but again, I really wasn't trying to throw rocks. I'm just not sure they realize it's a problem.
    We all like to have information made available to all and have helping hands providing support for our older machines. I want to make sure all these guys stick around for awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by mmurray70 View Post
    I've never ordered from there but I find their website works fine and very helpful.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rwskinner View Post
    Yes, it just crawls. I tried again today, 30 seconds to load a page. Click on something, and its another 20-30 seconds.
    I can say it's been that way for at least 3 weeks. It got so bad a couple weeks ago the server was locking up and spitting out "Out of Memory" errors.
    But I can go to ITS and it's instant, and all the other places I go to load fine such as MSC or McMaster or Amazon...

It's not "my" system that is an issue, but again, I really wasn't trying to throw rocks. I'm just not sure they realize it's a problem.
    We all like to have information made available to all and have helping hands providing support for our older machines. I want to make sure all these guys stick around for awhile!
    I just tried and it loaded just fine for me. Is it any different using a cellular network on your phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234