Screen Fading in and Out

Thread: Screen Fading in and Out

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Screen Fading in and Out

Hi I have got an annoying issue on my VMC 3016 with the CNC 88HS control, the CRT Monitor is periodically fading in brightness to near invisibility then will come back to full brightness, there doesn't seem to be any obvious cycle time or cause, i was debating swapping to an LCD screen but was wondering if this could be a controller issue?

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Screen Fading in and Out

There are adjustment pots inside the pendant for brightness, screen size, contrast......
    I expect one of those are dirty or moving from machine vibrations.

Downloads
    Uploads

Check your incoming power to the CRT when it fades out and see if you still have 115VAC on it. This will rule out the power in. I agree with the adjustment pots. Turn each of them one complete turn then turn them back. This should clean the pots enough to be consistent with the monitor on. If you are still having issues, re-seat your graphics card and make sure all the connectors are tight. If all was checked and good, then it is time to replace your monitor. We have an LCD replacement (ELE-0190) that should clear your problem up.

FadalCNC Tech Support

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks all, looks like the pot trick has worked, fingers crossed!