AMP-0056 - How to connect via Workbench V5?

Thread: AMP-0056 - How to connect via Workbench V5?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default AMP-0056 - How to connect via Workbench V5?

I would like to tune this digital amplifier to my motors, but I could not find any information how to do this.
    I was able to make RS232 cable and get some response from amplifier but Workbench was unable to identify it. Have anyone some kind of procedure how to do this?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AMP-0056 - How to connect via Workbench V5?

You can get the software from Baldor free as I remember. I think it was in the downloads section. The interface is quite ambiguous and you really need to have experience to fool with the PID parameters. Likely you would make things worse. I would surrender the amp and buy an AMP-0040-AMC or AMP-0040-GTK. Both will work fine and you do not use the 120VAC that is plugged in to the AMP-0056. These are tunable amps. Email me with the request for tuning procedure and I will shoot it back to you.

FadalCNC Tech Support

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am aware about risk but I would like to try. Can you give me details about wiring needed to connect to this servo with RS232?

Downloads
    Uploads

The cable is ordered from Baldor and the software download is on their web site. I have never tuned them but our service department has years ago. Most people go with the AMP-0040's when the AMP-0056 fails and you have better control of the tuning of the motors for optimum performance.

FadalCNC.com Tech Support