Homing Issue

Thread: Homing Issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Homing Issue

Hello, I'm having a problem with 'homing' or 'cold starting' Not really sure. I did try to follow guides online to figure this out, but to no avail. I've got a 20/16 VMC with CNC 88HS controls.

I'm not sure what triggered it to begin with, but my 'return to home for shut down' position doesn't land on the cold start position any more.

I've always had my home position and cs position the same, so that way there was never any screwing it up in the morning. (for my operators)

I've set (SETH) to get my home position set.

I go to start up, do the cold start. The cold start stops .300 off of the x, and .150 off of the y (off of the marks, it doesn't land on the marks any more after completing cold start). It shows that on the screen and asks me if I want to go back to my last home position, which is the values that I listed earlier.

My machine has always cold started, landed on the hash marks after cold start, and always had the home position as 0's on the cold start screen. I've tried SETCS, SETX, SETY, SETH. It still does what I listed above.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homing Issue

I would try a Zero Memory Procedure. It helps with many odd problems in the control. You can also remove any extended memory and boot your machine back up and try it again. I am suspecting that you may have an issue with your software module, but try the Zero Memory Procedure and if that does not fix it, you may be in the market for a new software module. Shoot me an email and I will send back the procedure.

CNCPros12@Gmail.com

Cheers,
    Brian D.

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone? I'm still having the issue.

Last edited by kreativjustin; 08-11-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homing Issue

I got it!

I fired up the machine, jogged to the 'lines'. Typed in SETH, SETHO. "CS"=>Enter. It did just what I want it to.

NOTE: I did all of that on the fire-up, before I did the actual cold start process.

Last edited by kreativjustin; 08-11-2018 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Added a note