Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure - Page 2


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 22 of 22

Thread: Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure

  1. #13
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    335
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure

    Its like a big spring, and uses its tension to hold it in place, nothing else. Not attached to the aluminum block at all. You can pull it back and clean out chips underneath, you should be able to put it back inside that ring in the picture after.



  2. #14
    Registered
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    us
    Posts
    136
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure

    For sealing the machine SikaFlex construction sealant would probably be OK.

    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sikaflex...6045/300934496

    It's availible from Home depot in the contruction specialty area.



  3. #15
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure

    Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    For sealing the machine SikaFlex construction sealant would probably be OK.

    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sikaflex...6045/300934496

    It's availible from Home depot in the contruction specialty area.
    Have you used it?



  4. #16
    Registered
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    us
    Posts
    136
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure

    Quote Originally Posted by NismoGT View Post
    Have you used it?
    Not on a machine, but on RV's, it stays pliable regardless of conditions. Plus as an adhesive it works very well, so it sticks and seals very well.

    Apparently Sikaflex is what Haas uses (fwiw)

    Permatex "Right Stuff" is also highly regarded



  5. #17
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure

    Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    Not on a machine, but on RV's, it stays pliable regardless of conditions. Plus as an adhesive it works very well, so it sticks and seals very well.

    Apparently Sikaflex is what Haas uses (fwiw)

    Permatex "Right Stuff" is also highly regarded
    Oh ok. Thanks. I was wondering was Haas used on their machines.



  6. #18
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    125
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure

    I resealed one of my 4020s about 3 months ago with Sikaflex, scraped and acetone wiped all surfaces when I had the sheet metal off, everything is nice and leak free now.



  7. #19
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure

    Brilliant! I will give it a try. How much of a headache was it to take off the sheet metal? Thanks everybody



  8. #20
    Registered
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    us
    Posts
    136
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure

    Quote Originally Posted by NismoGT View Post
    Oh ok.

    LOL, a word to the wise, sealing an RV is a much harder task then sealing a CNC. If a product seals an RV that has temp swings from 40f-110f then it's going to seal a cnc enclosure just fine.



  9. #21
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    253
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure

    Did you ever do this? I bought another machine and the seller decided to dismantle the sheet metal to “pallatize it” and now I have to figure out what to reseal with. Thinking about Sikaflex 1a. How much did you use?

    Thinking about repainting while I’m at it what type of paint did Fadal originally use does anybody know?



  10. #22
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ianagos View Post
    Did you ever do this? I bought another machine and the seller decided to dismantle the sheet metal to “pallatize it” and now I have to figure out what to reseal with. Thinking about Sikaflex 1a. How much did you use?

    Thinking about repainting while I’m at it what type of paint did Fadal originally use does anybody know?
    I have not painted or resealed my Fadal yet. If I were going to do it, I would use the Sikaflex sealant and 2 part epoxy paint.



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure

Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure