Connecting Rotary Phase Convertor to Fadal 3016

Thread: Connecting Rotary Phase Convertor to Fadal 3016

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Connecting Rotary Phase Convertor to Fadal 3016

Hi Folks,
    I am about to connect a Fadal 3016 with a T-820 transformer to a RPC, I have seen post about connecting the generated leg to the motor not to the controls. Can someone give me more specific instructions on how to do this? I am unsure where should I connect the generated leg. Thank you.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Connecting Rotary Phase Convertor to Fadal 3016

Fadal recommends not using an rpc. For a little money you can just buy the single phase transformer. You may also be able to run that one as single phase. But seems that the wiring is done to where all 3 legs get used for electronics stuff. I just skimmed over it maybe somebody else knows for sure.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Connecting Rotary Phase Convertor to Fadal 3016

Actually I got a good deal on the RPC could not pass it up hence I did not go with the single phase transformer, I think also there is a few out there that did bypass the transformer completely connecting 240v to the motor and the rest of the machine in 120v I have read other post of ppl getting the Fadal to work with an RPC but I can't place the posts now I just do not know where to connect the generated leg.