Purchasing Fadal VMC 15 help

Thread: Purchasing Fadal VMC 15 help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Purchasing Fadal VMC 15 help

Hi Folks,
    I am in the process of hopefully purchasing a Fadal VMC 15, this will be my first CNC in other words I do not know what to look for to know if it is a good buy, could you kind gentleman help me with a bit of knowledge as to what I should be looking for machine wise? what do I need to check? Could you guys give me some commands to run in the machine where I could check for the performance of the machine? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil6 View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I am in the process of hopefully purchasing a Fadal VMC 15, this will be my first CNC in other words I do not know what to look for to know if it is a good buy, could you kind gentleman help me with a bit of knowledge as to what I should be looking for machine wise? what do I need to check? Could you guys give me some commands to run in the machine where I could check for the performance of the machine? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you!
    Have you bought your machine yet?
    Do you have any expirence with it now, what do you think of it?

I am about to buy one like that for myself in a few days, looking fo advice ?

Thanks in advance, man!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Purchasing Fadal VMC 15 help

Pull back the y axis way cover and look under there make sure the linear rails look good and the ballscrew looks good. Also look under the x axis covers.
    If it’s a grease machine make sure there is grease on all the rails and ball screws. If it’s an oil machine make sure the tank cycles while you are watching it takes 4minutes while it’s running a program or in jog mode.

Insure you can turn the machine on and perform a cold start( by lining up the markers and typing in cs. Then turn the spindle on to s1000 m3 then progressively go up in rpms until you are at max rpm. Insure the spindle slows down reasonably quickly.
    Then do some rapids type say
    g90
    G00 x10.0
    G00 x-10.0
    G00 x0 y-8.0
    G00 x0 y8.0
    G00 x0 y0

Also jog your z around to make sure it’s good too.
    If it has coolant test it make sure the pump works and the lines aren’t clogged.

If you have lots of time you can do the backlash test as described in the manual or just take a pry bar and an test indicator put the indicator somewhere then pry the table a bit with the bar and see deflection.

If it’s rigid tap run a g84.2 and see if the spindle stays in position like the motor is holding it.

Check that the tool changer functions preferably with a few tools. Try all around the thing to make sure the platter isn’t bent.

Probably lots of other stuff but that’s what I thought of real quick.