Need Help! AMC vector drive regem circuit

Thread: AMC vector drive regem circuit

Downloads
    Uploads

Default AMC vector drive regem circuit

So my spindle drive breaking doesn’t work. As it tries to brake it will brake then coast the brake Until it stops but this takes a while.

The resistors at the top seem good measuring 13ohms for a dual resistor but I cannot put a new fuse in as it burns out immediately. Firstly the one of the transistors at the top of the drive was blown out so I replaced that. But it still does the same thing seems like as soon as the drive is powered on and the dc bus has power it’s being drained straight to the resistor. The transistors I replaced looked like what sent the dc bus to the resistor but I’m not sure. Does anybody have a schematic of the drive or at least the regem circuit? I read on a forum somewhere that it may be the other large transistors on the drive but I couldn’t find those locally to replace them at the time and they seemed ok. Anybody have any hints clues or things to look for? I don’t want to pay half of what I payed for the machine for a new drive.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AMC vector drive regem circuit

Does anybody know someone who repairs these drives? Or has on used for sale?

Seems like nobody can help with them so far.

Downloads
    Uploads

If the braking circuit fails you can disconnect it and run an external braking unit connected directly to the DC bus. My 4020 has a mistsubishi drive and is configured like this from the factory. Theres some info about this in the spindle drive system manual (page 285). It says "In many cases the regen circuit can be disconnected and a Glentek brake unit (INV-0030) can be substituted for the regen circuit. (Please consult with Fadal before performing)."

There are a few different types of these braking units. INV-0030 appears to use a single 13 ohm resistor, my machine looks to use the same circuit board, but with more transistors and components and mine is setup with 2 13 ohm resistors. Im not sure the fadal number of my board. Theres also a mitsubishi one with dual 24 ohm resistors.

A brake unit made for any brand of 240v VFD could potentially work since they all run the same voltage and do the same thing. If you find a good replacement for a good price please post results. My brake unit blew a varistor a year or so ago and i fear it could be on the way out, and i cant seem to find a spair for a good price.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I’ll look into that as an easy way out but I got a broken baldor drive inv-0041. And am working on it as a potential replacement.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ianagos View Post
    So my spindle drive breaking doesn’t work. As it tries to brake it will brake then coast the brake Until it stops but this takes a while.

The resistors at the top seem good measuring 13ohms for a dual resistor but I cannot put a new fuse in as it burns out immediately. Firstly the one of the transistors at the top of the drive was blown out so I replaced that. But it still does the same thing seems like as soon as the drive is powered on and the dc bus has power it’s being drained straight to the resistor. The transistors I replaced looked like what sent the dc bus to the resistor but I’m not sure. Does anybody have a schematic of the drive or at least the regem circuit? I read on a forum somewhere that it may be the other large transistors on the drive but I couldn’t find those locally to replace them at the time and they seemed ok. Anybody have any hints clues or things to look for? I don’t want to pay half of what I payed for the machine for a new drive.
    Mine is doing that exact thing right now. What fixed it for you?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Houndogforever View Post
    Mine is doing that exact thing right now. What fixed it for you?
    I purchased a inv-30 from fadal cnc and installed it. Was very easy to do just needed a couple ring terminals and some wire. Cost around $400.