Need Help! 4020 won't go into Cold Start . "Error- Enter Again or Hit Manual to Exit"

Thread: 4020 won't go into Cold Start . "Error- Enter Again or Hit Manual to Exit"

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 4020 won't go into Cold Start . "Error- Enter Again or Hit Manual to Exit"

I searched and couldn't find anything so I'm looking for help. This is a 1995 4020 in good shape. The machine was running perfect when we shut it down to move the company this spring. Connected the machine back up at our new location and now we have problems. The screen is mostly green and reads this message after hitting the green button on startup "Error- Enter Again or Hit Manual to Exit". It does not respond to any keyboard input. I've attached a picture. Also, the 1400-4 and 1030-1 boards are not lit up. Any ideas?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4020 won't go into Cold Start .  "Error- Enter Again or Hit Manual to Exit"-error-screen-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4020 won't go into Cold Start . "Error- Enter Again or Hit Manual to Exit"

The first thing I would do is power down an try re-seating all the cards. Vibrations from moving may have shifted something.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4020 won't go into Cold Start . "Error- Enter Again or Hit Manual to Exit"

Tried re-seating all the cards. Inspected for loose connections...nothing found. Tested voltages on power supplies and all seemed OK.

The 1400-4 had a dead battery backup. Replaced battery. Still doing the same. Is there a way to directly enter diagnostics? The backup battery was completely shot and I'm wondering if the memory is junk.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think I have fixed this issue. I replaced the Lithium battery on the 1400-4 board. I then entered diagnostics by jumping the J2 pin on the 1400-4 board. After running some memory tests and diagnostics (which everything passed), I did a "Zero Memory" procedure. Re-entered the SETP parameters. Everything seems good now. I haven't tried to run a program yet, but all seems normal.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue and I checked the 1400-2 board ( that's the one we have) and I can't find the J2 pin, I don't know which one is it.. hope you can help me out. Even though it's been a long time from this posts...

Thank you!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not familiar with the 1400-2 board. However, what I did above fixed my problem. You'll have to find a way to enter the diagnostics. I think I found the instructions in one of my manuals. Or I may have pulled it off a service PDF online. Maybe someone else in here can help you further. The dead lithium battery was responsible for the lost parameters. Replace that first.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jlembas View Post
    I'm not familiar with the 1400-2 board. However, what I did above fixed my problem. You'll have to find a way to enter the diagnostics. I think I found the instructions in one of my manuals. Or I may have pulled it off a service PDF online. Maybe someone else in here can help you further. The dead lithium battery was responsible for the lost parameters. Replace that first.
    Thank you! I already replace the battery, now I’m finding a way to get to the diagnostics page, the 1400-2 should be almost the same that yours, is there’s a label on yours that says J2? I tried the maintenance and operation manuals but I haven’t find the way to do it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes. You have to slide the board out to see the jumper. it is labeled. 2 Small pins.