Fadal probe digitizing software

Thread: Fadal probe digitizing software

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fadal probe digitizing software

Hi,

My name is Bryan and I"ve got a Fadal 4020 with the 1400-5 board. I recently bought a probe and now that I have it, I can't use it until I have some software to drive the machine. According to the manual, Fadal had software for digitizing that was on floppy disks and ran on a seperate computer and controlled the machine during digitizing. Does anyone have this software that I can buy or have a copy of? Or does anyone know a program that'll do what I need? I'm trying to digitize some 3D parts for our little shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Bryan,
    I don’t run them but we have 4 Fadals where I work. All 15 plus years old. I will ask the guys that run them if they know what software you need and can get a copy. I take it you want to use a renishaw touch probe? After a little google searching looks to me if I find an original copy it’s going to be on a floppy disk. Tomorrow is a holiday so I am not too sure who will be there but I’ll ask around.
    -Brent

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply Brent. Yes sir, I've got the MP-11 probe. Unfortunately, the software the guy I bought it from gave me, isn't for a fadal. I googled it and was unable to find even a floppy copy. If you do find something online or at work that would be fantastic! I really appreciate anything you do find out.

Regards,
    Bryan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im a 2nd shift guy 4pm to 12midnight. Getting ready to leave now. Let ya no something tomorrow. -Brent-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im a 2nd shift guy 4pm to 12midnight. Getting ready to leave now. Let ya no something tomorrow. -Brent-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello again Bryan,

I read a reply to your same exact question elsewhere and the $7500 price tag leads me to believe I may be confused as to you are looking for. First off so we are on the same page. We have 3D modeling software that the Fadal guys use for 3D work. What the fellas here use their Renishaw touch probes for is to edge find or to pick up and find the center of holes for fixture offsets X0Y0 more quickly than with a dial indicator. Accuracy I can’t speak about. If you are wanting some kind of “3D digitizing software” I can’t help and doubt that kind of software will fit on a 3 ½” 1.44megabyte floppy disk. I did do some digging around and found the Styrofoam box containers that the Renishaw probes came in. our probes are MP-12 not MP-11 but I’m betting the software at the machine is the same for both. I found paper back manuals for the probes themselves but nothing as to software at the machine(floppy disk). I talked to the fellas running the Fadals but they have only been on the machine just a couple of years and were not involved in any setup when the machines arrived here or when they started using the touch probes way back in the day. The old timer that might have any clue as to what you might be needing is off for Christmas holiday tonight but scheduled to be back tomorrow witch is today by now.

Update!! After more rummaging I ran a crossed a 3 ½’ floppy that has this written on the front of it . you being a Fadal guy does this mean anything to you?

Install VCR 1.3

Fadal CNC Visualizer V. 1.3

It says “place this disk in B drive at B:> Prompt type install”

I have no way to look at the darn thing or maybe I could give more information as to just what is on the disk and if need be send you a copy of the files. The floppy drives at the machines are not being used or functioning anymore. They have long since been drip feeding through RS232 cable. I have found no help on the net as far as software goes anyways but I did see reference to a floppy disk needed at the machine. Open to ideas as to looking at what is on this floppy. I will help in any way I can, if I can. Now I have to go throw snow.
    Good luck Bryan..
    -Brent-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Brent,

All I can say is WOW! That should have exactly what I need! And yes please, if you have some way of sending me a copy of those files on that disk(s), that would be greatly appreciated(understatement). What can I do to compensate you?

Bryan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Bryan,
    “What can I do to compensate you?” Nothing!! Maybe one day you will be able to help me out. The issue is finding a computer that still has a floppy drive to transfer to a USB flash drive so I can send them to you if the disk is even any good still. So I am on the hunt for a floppy drive. I’ll ask the old timer at work today to see if he can help us out. I will figure something out one way or the other.
    -Brent-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My hero for the new year.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nobody has a floppy drive so far.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Brent,

I can mail you a floppy drive if I need to. Thanks for the updates.

Bryan

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fadal probe digitizing software

Hello Gents.

I know this is a little time later, but how did things pan out with this?
    I'm in the same situation with a 3016 and if that software found its way into an emailable format it would be most helpful to me.

Thanks,
    Tre.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by static99899 View Post
    Brent,

I can mail you a floppy drive if I need to. Thanks for the updates.

Bryan
    do you have a floppy disk for a edm wire FX20/i need the E-packs floppy?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

do you have a floppy disk for a EDM wire FX20,i need the E-PACK'S FLOPPY?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by leorme View Post
    do you have a floppy disk for a EDM wire FX20,i need the E-PACK'S FLOPPY?
    I was talking about a standard floppy disk drive for a PC, not the machine itself. Sorry about that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by yardbird1969 View Post
    Hey Bryan,
    “What can I do to compensate you?” Nothing!! Maybe one day you will be able to help me out. The issue is finding a computer that still has a floppy drive to transfer to a USB flash drive so I can send them to you if the disk is even any good still. So I am on the hunt for a floppy drive. I’ll ask the old timer at work today to see if he can help us out. I will figure something out one way or the other.
    -Brent-
    Quote Originally Posted by static99899 View Post
    My hero for the new year.
    Hello Gents,
    Was there every any luck in getting this program uploaded somewhere to share with other Fadal owners?
    Thanks