RPM is running much slower then inputed rpm

Thread: RPM is running much slower then inputed rpm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default RPM is running much slower then inputed rpm

VMC40 w/88HS control

Last night I used the RI command to clear the machines memory of everything, I then sent over a program. I'm 99.9% sure I was warming the spindle up after I sent the program over, but my compressor died on me so I called it quits.

Today I power up the machine, CS, and give it a S1000M3 to start warming up the spindle, but the spindle isn't running anywhere near 1,000rpm, it cant be spinning more then 100rpm. I program 10,000rpm and it looks as if its running around 1,000 rpm. I powered down the machine and powered it back up and it didn't help. Any ideas?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default spindle

sent you a pm.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try zeroing out the memory. I have attached the instructions. Give us a call at our office if you have any questions.

-Shelvin
    (818) 678-9456

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RPM is running much slower then inputed rpm-zero-memory-procedure-pdf  
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just got off the phone with alex, he had me reset the memory. The memory reset had no affect, at full rpm the inverter is receiving .35V instead of 10V.

Downloads
    Uploads

You might check the rpm factor in the set parameters. That value will bias the rpm from what the display states.

It was inadvertently reset one time on my 4020, and couldn't tap using an extension tap. If a depth of .1 inch was specified, the extension portion would extend nearly .2 inch. By specifying a set tap and speed, the rpm factor was adjusted until the extension portion traveled at the same rate as the tap was cutting the thread.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default spindle

another thing to look at is the spindle overide pot,just in case,it did not sound like the rpm was changing at all when you went from 1000 to 2500 rpm so i ruled it out.but sometimes the most simple things get overlooked. i have never had an issue with the pot itself before but you may want to make sure it is working with your meter and/or swap wires with the feedrate pot to test it.also see if moving it has an effect on the output of the pins 4+6 going to the drive.let me know if you are getting any results from the tests you are doing.to others looking at this we did find a few mlvolts of ac ripple on the dc power supply,i know the ac can realy mess with the control but all else seems to run fine,so i am not sure if it would cause the trouble.we reseated the spindle card and bullet conectors with no result.it may be a good idea to reseat all the boards and wires and clean the contacts.for some reason the control is not putting out the voltage to the drive that it should for the programed speed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RPM is running much slower then inputed rpm

I've been playing with an AC servo which I plan to use. I've never touched 1 before so I'm doing a lot of bench testing.

Anyway. I was asking it to go 400rpm on a test but it was only reaching 200rpm itself.
    There was a peramiter called 'speed command gain'. It was defalt at 100. I changed the setting to 300 and it is now spot on.

Have a look and see if you have any paramiters like this (might also be listed as analog). You may have reset this to it's default setting.