Z axis gib adjustment or??? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z axis gib adjustment or???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Alex,

Now all the problems are fixed! I beat you to it and just thought logically.
    As the balance program is using g1 feed the rapid IPM setting in setp doesnt matter unless looking at rapid moves. The tuning was ok already looking at the monitor, but not while checking the DC voltage across sig and com. Doing this showed the balance a bit off. I re-tuned both sig and balance using the fluke meter. Now looking at the screen it looks a bit off, but I think whateven it is updating the display might be off as running the balance program all axis hit the marks together in both direction and this was not the case before. I also retuned the A axis. I found the reason for the acelleration in Z in the downwards move. It was the loop gain pot which was not all the way CW. I checked the other amps for Y and X and they had LG all the way CW. Tried this and it fixed the problem. Now on the Z minus rapids it behaves exactly like on the Z plus moves and the followng error is spot on. I have moved the IPM setting in setp back to 700 again and overload to 2 and everything works perfect.

Hey Alex if you want to come to Thailand and do some scuba diving, give me a shout!

Andy

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi alex,
    Can you help me with q picture where to insert the prybar.
    I have some position errors on this machine. I checked the procedure but for me is not really clear.

Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Fritz View Post
    Hi Alex,

Now all the problems are fixed! I beat you to it and just thought logically.
    As the balance program is using g1 feed the rapid IPM setting in setp doesnt matter unless looking at rapid moves. The tuning was ok already looking at the monitor, but not while checking the DC voltage across sig and com. Doing this showed the balance a bit off. I re-tuned both sig and balance using the fluke meter. Now looking at the screen it looks a bit off, but I think whateven it is updating the display might be off as running the balance program all axis hit the marks together in both direction and this was not the case before. I also retuned the A axis. I found the reason for the acelleration in Z in the downwards move. It was the loop gain pot which was not all the way CW. I checked the other amps for Y and X and they had LG all the way CW. Tried this and it fixed the problem. Now on the Z minus rapids it behaves exactly like on the Z plus moves and the followng error is spot on. I have moved the IPM setting in setp back to 700 again and overload to 2 and everything works perfect.

Hey Alex if you want to come to Thailand and do some scuba diving, give me a shout!

Andy

Default Re: Z axis gib adjustment or???

This is the Z axis but it is similar on all axes. So pry on each side for Bottom and then move Indicator to top and do the similar for the top Gib. Also CCW is Tighten the Gib adjustment CW loosens the Gib adjustment.

Push the prybar then relax and set the zero on indicator. Pry bar to other side Push prybar and relax and get the amount should be .0005 difference from one side to other.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Z axis gib adjustment or???-img_20200903_145628-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z axis gib adjustment or???

Hi rodney,
    Thanks for your advice but is not attached any picture. :-??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12